Evesham - very poor

RCDAN 16:30 25 Apr 05

Evesham has failed me. They took my money but could not deliver the goods. 3 weeks after ordering an ebox2, I still have no idea when/if it will arrive. No one wants to take responsibility. The local store is ineffective, customer service has failed to return calls and area managers have been unable to give me a simple answer. I was promised a machine some 14 days after placing my order which I already thought was way too long. 3 weeks down the road, several 0870 calls and a wasted day waiting for "home installation" I feel conned and helpless. This is the first and last time I will trust this brand.

spuds 19:39 25 Apr 05
  oresome 19:56 25 Apr 05

Wasted day? I presume from this you were given a delivery and installation date that didn't materialise. Did they not advise you that the delivery date could not be met prior to the expected event?

If so, I'd find that even more annoying than a later than anticipated delivery date.

You must decide if you want to do business with a company that cannot communicate.

An apologetic phone call with a good reason for the delay would have gone some way towards putting your mind at rest, but not providing an explanation even after you've approached them seems well short of customer service.

Chas 20:00 25 Apr 05

My experience of Evesham was exactly the opposite. Order placed with 10 day delivery date but a suggestion it mught be earlier. It was - by 4 days - and they sent me a text the night before to confirm delivery. They always deliver am to save your day, I understand - and they did. What's more it worked fine right out of the box. It's hard to imagine a better service than this.

VCR97 20:41 25 Apr 05

I've had two notebooks from Evesham. Delivery of both was several days early. Any e-mails to the support people have been answered quickly.

achilles 16:15 26 Apr 05

We regret that RCDAN has had a tale of woe to bring to the forum and apologise for any inconvenience and frustration he may have felt.

We have not been able to speak to the staff involved yet but we will ensure that they are aware of the appropriate levels of service. We expect our staff to offer our customers clear, appropriate and timely communication and when this doesn’t happen, we will take remedial action.

We are aware that customers have a wide selection of suppliers and we respect RCDAN for exercising his choice in this matter.

Ancient Learner 17:10 26 Apr 05

So that's all right then is it!!!

Arthur Scrimshaw 17:39 26 Apr 05

when people say 'regret' when what's needed is a 'sorry'?

It's the kind of thing our wonderful Politicians trot out when they aren't apologising at all.

yoghurt 19:36 26 Apr 05

Isn't 'sorry' regarded as a legal term?

RCDAN 21:18 26 Apr 05

I cancelled my order and was threatened with a 20% surcharge for "Restocking components". The 20% was on the total price of the order - £2,186. As they did not have the monitor which I ordered I asked if the 20% should include the £699 I had paid for it. "A good question" I was told. They have kindly waived the 20% fee for a product which they failed to deliver. I have ordered a Hi-Grade DMS II and was informed that many disgruntled Evesham customers have done the same. Thanks for all your comments.

spuds 22:24 26 Apr 05

If the company insists that you pay a restocking charge, then I would suggest that you have a word with trading standards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017