Evesham spontaneous rebooting mystery!

Mongo69 18:12 19 Jun 03

Ive had my evesham pc nearly 2 years it cost £1408 new and has been fine until it recently started re booting after an hour then crashing.
Its been repaired on site 4 times and sent back once only to reboot after an hour or so? Havent been able to use it much in 9 weeks and have had a new processor, fan, memory, graphics card, 2 hard drives, heat sink, motherboard and the repair man is booked to arrive next week!
Its a mystery it was soak tested for 2 days with no rebooting (typical) i still have over a year of warranty but they wont give me a new one only attempt repair. I have tried cooling it with portable fan but it still reboots then crashes with drivers missing, no sound, no mouse pointer, and standard vga graphics!!
Has anyone had any similar problems??

Q-Bie 01:16 20 Jun 03

As so many of the internal system components have been changed, and it has been soak tested away from your house with no problems, I'd start looking away from the PC from being the culprit.

Have you got the PC plugged into a surge protector? Or is there anything nearby that could be causing interference? Power Lines, etc..

Failing that, try using the PC with various internal components removed/disabled.

Disable onboard sound or remove sound card
Network adapter, TV card etc..

See if the problem doesn't occur with one of those fitted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…