Evesham Notebooks

antitime 16:00 27 Mar 04

I Hopefully soon will be purchasing a new notebook (either a Voyager 6400 series, or a Voyager XT Series) from Evesham. The two Questions I Would Like to ask are:

Has anyone got any got any reviews/thoughts on these two systems (as I have only found one review so far, and secondly, should the purchase go through (and to save money)I will be installing my own copy of Windows XP Pro. Will this impair on the Warranty, and what's the position with any hidden partitions that may contain the origional installation (can the origional software be re-installed at a later date even if the drive is completely wiped).

ade.h 21:11 27 Mar 04

It might be a good idea to make an image of the original drive just in case; look for Powerquest Drive Image which often turns up on cover CDs. The version in PCAs Downloads section predates XP.
A search for Evesham on this forum reveals largely positive comments about its customer service, but not much about the laptops. If they are as good as the desktops, you'll be fine, but there is no guarantee of that of course.
As for warranty implications, you would be best off talking to Evesham, explaining your plans exactly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…