Evesham Motherboards

ambrosi 15:06 17 Feb 03

Can anyone shed some light on the type and make of motherboards that Evesham ship with the P4 3.06 Mhz chip? I’m looking to invest, but do not want to be limited by the 845 chipset that most suppliers seem to be offering at the moment (ie x4 AGP, limited DDR support)

I’d prefer the 7205 chipset or another 3rd party model.

Anyone know what’s available?

(I’ve contacted them, but heard nothing and would like to stick to Evesham, as they appear quite reliable.)

Sir Radfordin™ 15:29 17 Feb 03

Doesn't the fact they've not replied worry you ;-)

I presume you didn't ring them to ask the question? If not then do so. Simple and quick. However, make sure if you do buy a PC from them you get the spec in detail and in writing.

bremner 16:45 17 Feb 03

click here shows that the 2.4Ghz P$ system has an Intel 845E chipset powering an Asus's P4B533-V motherboard.

Kadoka 20:10 17 Feb 03

Hi m8

You are needing a motherboard that uses the Intel 845PE or the E7205 (Granite Bay) as you said.....As these are the the only chipset that supports the P4 3.06GHz with Hyperthreading...main selling point of the chip!

Other boards may support the chip. But not the Hyperthreading which you want defently want!!

Expect nothing less!!

Hope this helps you

hondabiker 20:39 17 Feb 03

You will get a OEM board from evesham as I have just found out.Their tech department also do not support the software that comes with it which in my mind is a rip off. I agree with a previous comment by ringing them to find out exactly what you are getting and also get it in writing. I have had 3 computers from evesham over the years and will not buy from them again. They have gone downhill since the first one I bought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…