evesham &mesh coputers

lizlez 15:15 12 Sep 07

i have recently heard that evesham have been taken over and that mesh are in a similar poor state. ihave had my evesham for about 7 years with no problems, as i would be in the market for a new desktop soon should i steer clear of these manufacturers and if so who do you recommend in the £1000 bracket.
cheers les.

Marko797 15:22 12 Sep 07

I don't think there are any real, justifiable grounds to 'steer clear' as u put it. I've had machines from both Evesham & Mesh over the years and without anything really bad to say. Both still feature in the 'top 5' PC reviews in PCA. Might be that ur worrying about nothing?

techie4me 16:11 12 Sep 07

Try Novatech @ click here
Or Dell @ click here
Both make solid pc's & have good customer service and support.
Or you could look at PCWorld who are doing some great bargains at the moment

ITworksforme 16:22 12 Sep 07

All of the companies that are around today, have been trading successfully for the best part of 2 decades

You will always hear 'horror stories', because the 'wronged' want everyone to hear their grief...

...while the happy customers just carry on about their business

Just did a quick check on what you get for £999 from PC World, MESH and DELL

QuadEX from MESH here... click here

XPS710 from DELL (which, cheekily, seems to offer a similar spec to MESH but WITHOUT a screen - e.g. £240 more to add on) here... click here

For similar money, PC World offer a Packard Bell iPower8600 which, on paper, would get its arse handed to it by either the DELL or the MESH here... click here=

Head-2-head on these would probably show the MESH is faster and comes with the 22" TFT

The DELL is slightly slower and (with the screen) costs £240 more

PC World would save you £20 - but offers you half the CPU cores and an 8600 graphic card compared to an 8800 from DELL etc

This kind of choice is what most people would call a 'no brainer'

ventanas 16:27 12 Sep 07

Evesham went into administration some weeks ago. click here

click here

They are still trading and are seemingly trying to lanch a rescue package, but as to whether you buy from them or not must be your decision.

I have no knowledge as to the situation regarding Mesh.

Marko797 16:42 12 Sep 07

This seems a good spec, but if gaming is important, I'd pay a bit more & have the grafs upgraded to 8800GTS 640, instead of the 320 which they have in the package.

newearwax 17:40 12 Sep 07

I'm a bit surprised that the Evesham situation is not known here. Perhaps the article at
click here
may be of interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos