Evesham go bump.....again

Hunte® 22:21 04 Jan 08

According the The Register, Evesham (aka Geemore) has gone into liquidation today with all staff being told not to come into work next week.

Boris {B<) 23:47 04 Jan 08

Very sad - see here :-

click here

Stuartli 00:06 05 Jan 08

If this is correct, it's an extremely sad situation.

Evesham, despite problems in recent years when it had to trim staff to cut costs, has always been regarded as one of the better computer system suppliers.

Patr100 00:15 05 Jan 08

Thiugh tye were balied out a few months ago alas not it seems. They were never the cheapest, in fact often the oppposite, but had a good reputation. Like Dan computers who also fell by the wayside years back.

They also happen to have supplied the Pcs where I work part time - not sure what happens now with service contracts etc.

-

Forum Editor 00:51 05 Jan 08

to be told that you haven't a job next week at any time of the year, but to be told just after Christmas, when the credit-card bills are shortly to start coming through the door must be particularly devastating.

The writing has been on the wall for this company since last summer, and I'm sure that this news isn't a huge surprise to many industry observers.

iscanut 10:44 05 Jan 08

A great shame as their pcs were very good and service excellent. Have had several of their pcs over the years and bought my first Atari from them way back in the 80's !

livewire 14:19 05 Jan 08

with warranties...

iqs 14:50 05 Jan 08

Sorry for asking,but I purchassed an Evesham Pc last march.I took out the extended warranty,and asked for the buy now pay in 12 months.The finance was through V12.I currently owe £800.

How to I stand with the warranty and the outstanding balance please.

Sorry for asking this question via someone elses thread.Cheers

iqs 15:02 05 Jan 08

the Pc cost £1100,£300 was paid to Evesham,£800 on finance.Cheers

iscanut 15:48 05 Jan 08

The finance arrangement you have will almost certainly be bewteen you and the finance house. You will have a legal obligation to adhere to the finance arrangements whether or not Evesham are in business. You will probably lose your warranty deal.

mikef. 15:50 05 Jan 08

You will still have to pay the finance, but the warranty if through Evesham I'm afraid will no longer be available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac