Evesham extended warranty scam?

Jonathan314159 22:56 01 Nov 04

Dont get me wrong, I like Evesham. But I'm disappointed to receive a recent letter from them.

2 years ago I bought a computer from them, and paid a little extra for a 3rd year on site warranty.

I have now received a letter inviting me to pay £99 for 3rd year on-site maintenance. The letter starts "Our records indicate that the on site maintenance...will expire on 14/11/04". Right at the bottom of the letter, in small print, is a note that "in the event you have already have third year cover...then please disregard this letter". I would like to think that if I gave them the £99 they would check their records and tell me that I had already got this cover, but I don't feel like testing this out.

Evesham has a good reputation and I'm sure this isn't a scam. But I reckon they have simply sent this letter to everyone, without bothering to check whether or not they bought the 3rd year on-site cover. And I bet they get a reasonable percentage of people trying to buy it for a second time. I only hope that they don't take the money.

Forum Editor 23:10 01 Nov 04

what's the point of all this?

You say "Dont get me wrong" but in your thread title you virtually accuse Evesham of perpetrating a scam. Having said that, you try to retrieve the situation by saying "I'm sure this isn't a scam" - inviting the question, so why bother posting about it? - and finally round off with "I only hope that they don't take the money."

I think we'll end this here and now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…