Evesham Explorer 17" X Bright Laptop with wifi car

KATRINA/S 10:39 26 Aug 06

This is a todays special value on QVC for 997.80 is it any good?

click here

As i am thinking of buying it - i did have my heart set on an Acer - if this is any better then i might opt for this.....

regards

Forum Editor 11:18 26 Aug 06

the site is a bit skimpy on the technical specification side, such as the size of the hard drive, and the amount of installed RAM. Both of these details are fairly important.

There's also no information about any installed software.

In general terms it's probably a good buy, but I can't make a personal recommendation without more information.

KATRINA/S 11:28 26 Aug 06

I'll find out the ram and hard drive size and software and get back to you - it is going to start showing on qvc on the next hour.

regards

KATRINA/S 12:11 26 Aug 06

It has :-
AMD Turion 64 Dual Core Mobile Processor
Digital Freeview TV Card
1 GB RAM
100GB Hard Drive
8 x DVD Rewriter
nVID GeoForce Go 6100 256MB Graphics Card
Wireless Card
Integrated Stereo Speakers
Modem
Blue Tooth Compatible
Weight - 3.5kg
Slots and Ports - 4 USB 2.0 Ports
Firewire Ports
TV Out
VGA
Line In
Mic In
PC MCI Slot
Memory Cards Supported
Software Window XP Media Centre
Bullguard Internet Security ( 1 Yr)
Works 8
Big Fix
Roxio Easy Media Creator
Primary School Education (5-11)
(keystage 1 & 2)
Secondary School Education (11-16)
Keystage 3 & GSE

they said that on their webiste it costs 1249 pounds (my pound sign does not work)

Regards

Forum Editor 13:33 26 Aug 06

have now been updated, and based on the information given I think you'll be happy with this machine.

You have seven days from delivery within which to make up your mind anyway, so why not take the plunge?

Jimmy14 18:12 26 Aug 06

If you are not going to travel with it often then it looks like a very good spec laptop to me. I chose an Acer and it is only 2.8/2.9KG compared to that evesham 3.5KG and 17" screen but it's up to you. If you do buy it I wouldn't use the Bullguard Anti-virus that comes pre-installed. What a nightmare.

James

realist 19:32 26 Aug 06

Definitely get rid of Bullguard it played havoc with my new Evesham.

philly73 19:58 26 Aug 06

i am buying a pc from evesham and i noticed a couple of posts regarding bullguard...what is the problem with it and what anti-virus do you good people recommend

KATRINA/S 22:08 26 Aug 06

After alot of thought - i think i will go with the Acer - I had Bullguard as well - on my Sony - did not like it at all.........

regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…