Evesham Evolution Decimator: X850 "PE" or non "PE"

AnthonyB 02:38 01 Mar 05

Hello,

Having looked at the Evolution decimator: ( click here to see the PC I'm looking at) I am not sure whether it has the X850 PCI-express "PE" (platinum edition) or the normal "NON PE", as the main specs (before you go into configuration mode) show: "Graphics
256MB ATI Radeon X850XT PCI-E graphics" (I, myself, see that as a "non PE" card. However, when entering configuration mode the "256MB DDR ATI Radeon X850 PE with TV-out &DVI is autoomatically selected.

I've emailed evesham, so will know tomorrow, but are the platinums like the old radeon cards 9700/9700 pro etc, in that you can't tell from looking at them?

TIA.

Anthony

Bleep 10:00 01 Mar 05

Well if it costs you no more in price the PE version is the better card, maybe they are just saving space on the main advertisment page.

realist 22:14 01 Mar 05

If you're buying from Evesham it's maybe a good idea to get their printed brochure rather than just look online. There's sometimes a wider choice of pc's and specs, as I found when I bought from them last month.

helmetshine 22:37 02 Mar 05

AnthonyB

If you click on the configure button under the picture of the pc you'll see it shows as a X850XT PE with the option of switching to a Nvidia 6800 Ultra for an extra £38.29 + VAT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…