Evesham Customer Service

MaffPink 12:14 01 Feb 03

I ordered an evesham axis 2700+ Best Buy on 27th january. A few days later i thought i would check that it comes with the 9700 PRO as it suggests in the PC Advisor review of the system, not the 9700. They told me that it comes with the non-pro version, i told them to check the PC Advisor review out, they told me to ring back the next day. I rung them back the next day and asked to speek to the same person, which i did. She told me that originally the computer i ordered comes with the PRO version but due to high demand, the PRO version was unavailable. The sales advisor then told me that they would knock £60 of the price of my computer and order the PRO graphics card from America.

RESULT!

I would have got screwed had i not phoned them.
To anyone ordereing a comp online, i advise phoning them and checkin spec first.

Forum Editor 13:17 01 Feb 03

but for the record I don't think that "I would have got screwed..........." is quite the way to put it. The company didn't deliberately set out to deprive you of anything, and it's wrong to imply that they did.

Kilobyte 22:26 01 Feb 03

After an order is placed, evesham send out a detailed confirmation of the computer spec, so the different part should have been noted here.

MaffPink 00:07 02 Feb 03

As they didn't specify that it was a NON-PRO card at the time of my order, that is why i felt i could have possibly been miss-led or 'screwed' as i so delicately put it.

I didn't mean to imply that Evesham were trying to sell me lower grade goods deliberately, they could have been in the transitional stage where they were running out of PRO cards and had to start using NON-PRO cards. In this situation they obviously cannot put 'comes with either a 9700 or a 9700 PRO' on their computer spec list.

I am yet to get the 'conformation of order' form for my computer, i'm sure i'll get it soon. The day after i addressed the graphics card issue to Evesham they updated their website making it clear that the computer comes with a Radeon 9700, not the PRO version, very efficient!

simonp1 09:14 03 Feb 03

when i placed my order based on an ad, i didnt recive confirmation due to the short pick up time, but my spec was different from the ad. The CDRW was upgraded, brought a mag 1 week later)and the system had been upgraded. So fair play to Evesham.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…