Evesham Axis 64 FX XL or Evolution 3200 Ultra

YAN003 22:45 18 Feb 04

Since my earlier post (new pc advice) I have had a look at the Evesham range but can not decide which is the better package (mainly for gaming and digital photography). Not sure wether to go with Athlon or Pentium. Anyone any advice on either package or Evesham (dealt with Multivision in the past but sad to see they are no longer).

soy 00:07 19 Feb 04

If the rest of the spec are matching apart from the processor, then why not go with the cheaper priced machine. You won't see much difference between the 2.

YAN003 00:20 19 Feb 04

Narrowed down to either Axis 64 3200 + XL or Evolution 3200 Ultra. Both config to roughly same spec approx £60.00 diff. Just a question now Athlon or Pentium and that includes config the Axis upto 3400.

TOPCAT® 01:18 19 Feb 04

Suggest you have a look at click here before you decide. I'm waiting to see what develops on the 64 front before buying. Should see some good price drops on the other processors soon too. TC.

YAN003 08:26 19 Feb 04

Thanks for the info. Got me deep in thought now....before my thread was posted I thought my mind was made up and I actually phoned a company to order....credit card ready....and was told if I was wanting a new PC it would be a good idea to wait for a week or two. Well it was advice I was wanting so I should listen and put my card back and be patient. As ever many thanks.

simonp1 09:37 19 Feb 04

well if your buying a pc mainly for gaming why not try this site....you can choose what compents you really want in your pc...

click here

simonp1 09:42 19 Feb 04

click here

In fact these are even better..if the puter i think you were going to buy from evesham is the one i looked at, then thats a lot of money for what your getting..and i wouldnt pay it...

YAN003 09:50 19 Feb 04

Now that was an original option I looked at but was put off by some of the horror storys I read on the net re this company...I no you should not believe all you here...also I think Special Reserve are doing similar spec but cheaper but I will have another look at your suggestion. Many Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…