Evesham 32' Alqemi SX LCD TV

Ranger 08:52 11 Dec 06

Has anyone bought one of these from Evesham? thoughts on it would be appreciated as i'm thinking of purchasing a couple of them.

neil79 12:18 11 Dec 06

Stunning is all i can say, i had to wait for mine as they were out of stock. Well worth the wait, picture is amazing and sound is good. I think the Alqemi won an award in another Mag as well this month.

To think i was going to spend nearer £900 for a Sony or Samsung.

Ranger 11:16 12 Dec 06

cheers neil79, after your positive note and some on the avforums I have decided to order one for the moment and take it from there

tony58 20:25 12 Dec 06

advertising ?

Ranger 23:48 12 Dec 06

why?

tony58 19:03 13 Dec 06

is this an advertisment

Ranger 15:03 15 Dec 06

No, what makes you think it's a advertisment?

neil79 15:48 15 Dec 06

I thought the point of forums was to talk about & pass on advice on products that other people own or have used.

So the fact i have bought in my view a good product at a price which i think is very resonable is therfore an advert? I'll keep my mouth shut next time i have useful experience and not feel guilty if a fellow forum user buys what could only be described as a clanger of a product.

ICF 17:23 15 Dec 06

tony58 advertising ?

ERR isn't this forum consumer watch.They whole point is to pass on good and bad experiences as a consumer.

Ranger 19:39 16 Dec 06

Cheers ICF

that's what I always thought the consumerwatch part was for, glad someone else agrees, oh and just to complete the "advertising" I received the above TV a couple of days after ordering and as neil79 says the picture is stunning, in fact I would go as far as to say it is every bit as good as a Samsung I have that cost me over £1600 and the Samsung only has 1 year warranty as opposed to the 3 with the Alqem, well done Evesham

PS now that I have seen it in the flesh i'm buying another

So Simple 23:30 16 Dec 06

Is there a difference between the SX version and the standard one?

Looks identical spec apart from a digital tuner and as a sky user is there any advantage in paying an extra £100 over the standard version.

Having been looking for a flat panel for a while, the price seems too good to be true!

As for the suggestion of advertising, unless you work for Evesham and the set is as good as stated, whats the problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac