evesham

scat218 18:58 06 Feb 05

hello,

im looking to buy a notebook...heard a few good things about evesham, has anyone had some experience of the company?....some nice looking machines...used to own a tiny laptop(was not impressed...poor service, very noisy fan, started to fall to bits)

Lettervanman 19:58 06 Feb 05

They have been in business for several years,so at least the guarantee is worth something!
You will see the odd adverse comment about them in these forums but as a volume seller that is to be expected.
I am on my third system from them,they are not perfect,who is,but the few problems that I have had were corrected with no quibble.
If after sales service is important to you,give them a go!
No, I don't work for them but I have kept some of them in jobs over the years!!

petermontague 20:18 06 Feb 05

I am sorry to break it to you, but Evesham are not remotely as good as they were.I have had an Evesham p.c for just over two months and its been nothing but trouble. Didn't work on the day it arrived and its not much better now after 2 on-site visits , 1 return to their workshops and God knows how many e-mails and phone calls. They have already replaced both hard disks and the motherboard and it is still a piece of crap. Refund? Are you kidding.It is going to have to be the small claims court. They used to be good, I've had 2 p.cs from them in the past. Never, never again! To me the proof of quality is not that nothing ever goes wrong, but that it is fixed when it does. Properly.

steve263000 10:20 07 Feb 05

I have a Evesham right now, and my feelings are the exact opposite of petermontague. It is a great machine, and when I did have a small problem, they sorted it quickly and effeciently. I got mine on a special deal through my company, and so did 195 others at the same time. I have not heard one bad thing about the systems. So I guess you takes your choices....

Flak999 10:50 07 Feb 05

I must concur with steve263000, I to have had an Evesham machine for three years, it has gone wrong on a couple of occasions but their prompt courteous customer service has always got things sorted very quickly and efficiently.

You will always get the odd problem with volume suppliers, but they should be judged by their customer service after they have sold you the goods.

All I can say is that in my experience Evesham have been first rate and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

As a bench mark, compare the amount of negative posts on this forum about Evesham and then look at the amount other manufacturers get. The evidence speaks for itself.

petermontague 13:50 07 Feb 05

I absolutely agree with you Flak 999. You will always get the odd problem and suppliers should be judged by their customer service. That is exactly how I am judging Evesham. With my latest p.c the customer service has been dreadful.As I said it was not working properly on arrival, some of the components were not as specified, both hard disks and the motherboard replaced all within 2 months. That's 2 on-site calls and 1 return to Evesham. This is for an £1800 machine.
To me the point of customer service is to make sure the customer is satisfied with their purchase so they come back again and recommend the company to others, not to try to pass the blame onto the customer and ignore the problems.I don't think any supplier produces more reliable machines than any other, they are all using basically the same components, but if you pay the top price that Evesham charge, you assume that you are paying for quality service. In fact, you have a right to expect that!

Flak999 14:26 07 Feb 05

Oh dear, you do seem to have had an unfortunate experience. I can only speak as i find and as I have said i have found Eveshams customer service to be first rate.

Perhaps if you email them via this forum they will address your concerns more speedily. I cannot at the moment remember the correct forum contact email address, but I am sure some kind member will post it here for you.

Good luck!

JIM 14:44 07 Feb 05
  petermontague 16:22 07 Feb 05

Scat 218 asked if anyone had experience of Evesham so that was the basis of my reply. Based on my latest experience I would not now recommend them to anyone, whereas in the past (have had two p.cs from them)I,too, would have had no hesitation in recommending them, and have done many times.
Unfortunately, companies change and usually not for the better. Any company where you cannot contact the Managing Director even by recorded delivery, and are fobbed off with a Consumer Support Advisor is not one I want to deal with.

roHco 16:53 07 Feb 05

On the basis of assurance, how about a 3 year HP warranty on a Compaq NC4000 ?
Currently on offer from Morgan.
I have bought desktops and printers from Morgan since 386 days (when things were simple) and have only once had to return anything.
Your money, your choice, good luck.

maddos 19:24 07 Feb 05

I fail to understand why these computer firms, let themselves down, with their customer services,I understand that things will some times go wrong. When one considers the vast amount of money Dell, Mesh, evesham, and the other large firms spend on advertising their wares, and then waste it by not spending a small amount to put a problem right. I just cannot understand the mentality.

maddos

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…