EULA wording & Dual Boot.

avesnes1 10:39 28 Sep 07

Could I have members' views about this slightly odd situation:-

DESKTOP has two internal hard drives:
Drive No:0 has XP(SP2) and a copy of Office Small Business 2003.
Drive No:1 has Vista Home Premium (dual boot).

LAPTOP has XP(SP2) and a copy of Office Small Business 2003.

Microsoft EULA for Office Small Business 2003 says:-
" EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR USING THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT
INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE SOFTWARE; YOU MAY RETURN IT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR
A FULL REFUND, IF APPLICABLE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and
conditions of this EULA:
1.1 Installation and use. You may:
(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other device; and

(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software."

Assuming I would like to test Small Business 2003 running under Vista ideally without uninstalling SB2003 from Drive No:0, would that breach the EULA, even though it would be on the "one computer" and obviously, on that machine, I could only use one copy of SB2003 at a time?.

Presumably one way would be to uninstall from Drive No:0 before installing on Drive No:1 and vice versa after the test on Vista to revert to the original position.

ventanas 11:34 28 Sep 07

I think you're ok. It states "one personal computer" but makes no mention of how many times on that one computer.

For the record it works fine with Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac