Is Epson winning the battle!.

spuds 21:04 17 Dec 05

With the recent court proceedings by Epson. It would appear that some suppliers are getting rather scared.One of the companies that supply Epson compatible cartridges have posted this message click here Doesn't make very good reading, especially if others follow the same route.

Stuartli 21:17 17 Dec 05

Yet BigPockets seems to have reverse this procedure:

click here

spuds 21:52 17 Dec 05

Stuartli

When I key in Epson C86, BigPockets tell's me they have no stock. Only a couple of weeks ago, they had plenty, because I purchased four bundled sets from them :o(

Mr Mistoffelees 22:55 17 Dec 05

Not good, looks like mny printer is going to get a lot more expensive to use with JetTec cartridges unavailable. Wish I had bought more last time I purchased from SVP.

sidecar sid 23:02 17 Dec 05

Try the Think plus cartridges from choice.

Not as cheap as before but they are supposed to contain more ink than originals and initial results on my Cannon printer are encouraging.

Stuartli 23:18 17 Dec 05

Also see:

click here

alan227 09:15 18 Dec 05
  Stuartli 13:00 18 Dec 05

Still a lot dearer than a certain Geurnsey supplier..:-)

pj123 15:37 18 Dec 05

Stuartli, yes but still a lot cheaper than Epson originals plus the fact that Choice now have their own patents on these cartridges so no problems.

Stuartli 16:22 18 Dec 05

Which is, of course, the reason for the law suits...:-)

I'm happy, for instance, for VW to specify the minimum quality standard of oil which can be safely used in my car engine (a high quality engineering product working at very high temperatures), but I would take exception if it also decided to inform me I had to use, for instance, only Shell petrol.

Arnie 19:24 18 Dec 05

for using a non-Epson cartridge in an Epson printer. It is only when a registered design is copied or plagiarised that Epson can take action.

Many companies produce replacement parts for a number of items, some of which are an improvement on the originals. Line output transformers, tuners and VCR recording heads were prime examples I still remember.

Sometimes pattern parts are not necessarily cheaper, but can be more easily obtained than the originals.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5