//some 3rd party need geo

epson stylus photo 950/ epson perfection 3200 scan

daz999 10:47 13 Sep 03

I am thinking of purchasing a epson stylus photo 950 has anybody got one of these printers if so what are there like.
I am planning to use it for general printing tasks and also print digital photos.
Also does anybody use the epson perfection 3200 scanner for scanning 35mm negatives?

anchor 13:02 13 Sep 03

I have an Epson 895 printer, which at the time was their best photo printer. It produces superb photo results on photo paper.

I would imagine that the 950 will give at least as good, if not better. Sorry, know nothing about the scanner.

Way1 15:08 13 Sep 03

I have the Epson 925 which is the one down from the 950, and produces excellent photos, great detail and vivid colours. I have tried it, just out of interest, to test the results of text printing and have to say that it is not good - would stick with my Epson C82 for text.
I also have the Epson 2450 scanner, which is again (I think) the model down from the 3200, and the resulting photos, text etc, are sharp and brilliant colours.

byfordr 09:26 14 Sep 03

I have just brought the Canon 950i printer and 9900f scanner. I looked at both the Epsons first.

The print quality is amazing on both, but in the end I decided that the Canon was better. You can get a sample print from the canon website.

The scanner is very good as well. In hindsite I would probably go for a cheaper scanner ie canon 8000f (£180) or the epson 2400 (£130) pocket the cash, then take the negatives down to boots or Kodak and get them to put it onto cd (you might need to get a print done) saving a lot of time and effort.

The Epson seems to be cheapest in Dabs. The Canons are cheapest from cameras2u (Very good firm)

Canon is bringing out the i905D, a new version with cd printing and lcd screen and memory slots.
If it is anything like its predecessor it should be very good.

HTH

R

daz999 09:42 14 Sep 03

Thanks guys I have also been looking at the cannon range I am not sure what to go for ie epson or cannon?

piggy 20:21 14 Sep 03

I have have had the 950 for a week now, the results are amazing, I did look at the Cannon but saw little differance ,the service I have had from Epson in the past swung it for me ( got it from dabs, 2 days delivery to NE Scotland, good service as well )
Piggy

rnne10341 21:42 14 Sep 03

I have had mine for nearly a year. As with Piggy, the service I have had from Epson in the past is excellent. The new 950 was unfortunately faulty upon delivery. A call to Epson resulted in a new printer being delivered the next day. This is superb at printing photo's on Epson's glossy or mat papers, but very slow. I love the separate ink tanks, so no waste. Only average speed at general printing, but it is a specifically photo printer. It's great at printing direct to CD discs, but have not bothered with the roll feeder yet, even though a small roll of 4 inch wide paper was supplied.

piggy 22:38 15 Sep 03

I forgot the CD printing is exelent( my latest album is ..........) and as rnne10341 say is averasge speed on general stuff, bt I use the C62 for day to day, I have used the roll media and cutter was impressed, just by the action of cutting the prints and letting the fall into the pouch !
Piggy

daz999 09:51 16 Sep 03

Thank you all for the advice sounds like a goood printer to me.
Just a couple of thing does the epson come with the 5 seperate ink cartridges or do you have to buy these seperatly? and i will possible need a 3 meter usb cable but i have heard if you use long cable it will give poor results is this true or is 3 meters acceptable.

tlr 20:18 17 Sep 03

The cartridge is a 5 colour cartridge as in all 5 colours 1 cartridge and a separate black, XLshop.co.uk do compatibles for a £5 as for the cable Epson are very approachable and helpful-give em a call

Beb? 20:46 17 Sep 03

Printer isnt that quick, but photos are AMAZING quality. comes with tons of accessories and paper etc.

BUT... beware. printer is big + heavy and has about 7 ink cartridges :P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…