Epson Stylus Photo 830/HP Deskjet 5550

SloJo 17:56 19 Mar 03

I am looking to buy a printer for general home use on a budget of up to £120. The HP 5550 (now costing about £110)seems to have received good reviews, but the Epson (about £90)is cheaper. Does anyone have any thoughts on these two, or suggest alternatives?

Many thanks

rins36 20:23 19 Mar 03

SloJo

I have the Epson Stylus 830 & I wish that it had been purchased ages ago. The photo's are of the same quality as if you had got them printed via a shop. Even the original cartridges are cheap to buy compared to others

Hope this helps

rins

bfoc 08:41 20 Mar 03

I ordered the 830 for a friend after a very good review in a photography magazine and they were very happy with it indeed.

Unfortunately it stopped working about a month after purchase. But Epson had an engineer out and a brand new printer installed within 2 days! Friends and I were pretty impressed.

hybrid 10:08 20 Mar 03

Hi,

I've bought a 5550. Can't fault it at all. Prints colour/text very well. ink may be a bit more expensive, but its well worth it. Very impressed.

korkyB 11:41 20 Mar 03

I have a Epson photo 810 which I am about to ditch because I am sick of the printheads clogging up. I have never had this problem with any other printer and am now considering the 5550 purely because of this issue.

When the 810 works it is good although printing normal letters is slow and the draft quality is very faint (as well as being slow). I dont know if the 830 is better on this score but the printhead problem swings it for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…