Epson R300

joe95 12:49 01 Jan 05

How come many people on the forums praise this machine yet PCA knocks it?
Happy New Year

jakimo 13:43 01 Jan 05

bare in mind that the R300 is a photo printer,and as such produces very good prints

click here

pj123 16:08 01 Jan 05

I don't have an R300 but I do have an R200. I don't have any problems with it. Where is your evidence? Give us some links.

joe95 16:26 01 Jan 05

Review in latest PCA mag.Feb

rickf 16:44 01 Jan 05

Epson 300: I think this is a fantastic printer. Prints photos of exceptional high quality especially on premium glossy paper. You can't tell the difference between those printed and those developed by the labs. The direct CD/dvd printing is also exceptional. If I had to criticise it, it is that its slow. Its also capable of double-sided printing. The cheapest at £86 with free delivery at Amazon makes this printer of exceptional value.

pj123 16:52 01 Jan 05

I have just re-read the review on the R300. I don't think PCA is knocking it. OK, so it says it was badly marred by horizontal banding but I have not experienced this on my R200 printer. I get really good printouts from my printer, whether it be photo's or plain text. I do not have any problems. I think this is down to the writers (Ben Camm-Jones and Spencer Dalziel) at the time they did the tests. Maybe if they tested it over 2 or 3 months they may have a different opinion.

rickf 17:10 01 Jan 05

I don't see any banding at all.

Falkyrn 17:21 01 Jan 05

The only time I've had anything but excellent results was from a set of poor cartridges.

Apart from that I've had superb service from this machine and would recommend it to anyone looking for a photo printer.

ton 21:30 01 Jan 05

R300 - excellent results, with compatable cartridges too.

Haraki 20:53 02 Jan 05

Brilliant. I've never had any banding with mine

Peter-202202 00:11 03 Jan 05

just cannot knock this for photo reproduction - it creates stunning images on the proper paper - have only used epson replacement cartridges - only seen banding when i havent bothered to run the tests after it being idle for a number of weeks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple