Epson R200/300 owners Cheap ink!!!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:44 23 Jun 04

Choice stationery are flogging 2 for the price of 1 compatible cartridges for thesee printers. 12 cartridges (2 of each colour) are now £29.49; according to my calculator that's £2.50/cartridge.click here

G

sidecar sid 18:42 23 Jun 04

Do thet sell calculator batterys as well :-)))

thms 19:39 23 Jun 04

Are they any good though. I have just purchased a Photo RX500 and have given the ink some bashing trying it out.

Excellent multi-function device by the way. Always swore I would never buy one as well.

maz2 20:36 23 Jun 04

Try SVP communications they have Jet Tec back in stock (which is very good) at a very good price you do have to pay postage but I usually add them to an order for other things as they sometimes have a 99p shipping weekend for orders over £30

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:41 23 Jun 04

I've used Choice for nearly 2 years now. Their compatibles are the same as originals and delivery is usually 48hrs max.

G

Bobby237 21:42 23 Jun 04

I've had a lot of problems with these so called compatible cartridges and know a lot of other people who have had to. I also seemed to get a heck of a lot less prints out of the compatibles that I did with the genuine ones. This was with an epson sp935.

maz2 23:15 23 Jun 04

The ink from Choice wouldn't work in my CX3200 I had the same probs as with other compatibles

jakimo 21:26 25 Jun 04

are choice claiming their compatibles are the same as epsons ink,or is that just your opinion.Do you know of any light fading tests on choice compatibles?, as I would like to compare the two

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:35 25 Jun 04

The compatibles are not made by Epson. I have used Choice compatibles, in different printers, for 3 years now and they have all been excellent. Don't know about colour fading though.

G

-Beb- 18:57 26 Jun 04

Cheap inks are perfect for cheap inkjet printer used to print out text and graphics on a normal daily basis, but if you're paying a premium for a decent photo printer I would only use the originals to get the best print quality

Danoh 23:59 27 Jun 04

Just tried out a set of Choice Stationery's compatibles for my Epson Photo 950 printer as the 1st time trial. Started ok, apart from warning messages about non-genuine Epson cartridges. Then as the last genuine Epson cartridge (of 7) ran out, one compatible showed up as a fault. Replaced the genuine Epson which had run out a compatible and the faulty compatible with another, a 3rd, 4th and 5th compatible came out registering as faulty as well!

Meanwhile, all printing has stopped as I could not continue.

BUT. Choice Stationery tech support have been brilliant. They were able to give me good advice over the telephone and sent me 2 replacements without any quibbles. These fixed the faults originally discovered. Now to wait until Monday to call them about the new faults recorded, when I expect just as quick a response as last week.

Colours do not come out as well as the Epson originals, but that is not important for non-photo printing, especially at such a price differential! I shall resort to Epson originals for critical photo printing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…