Epson Perfection 1260 Scanner - Any Good?

Andybear 21:38 28 Jun 03

I want to buy a basic 'idiot proof' scanner. I've seen some good reviews of the Epson Perfection 1260 on Amazon. Has anyone got this, and if so what do you think of it? Thanks.

Andrea

rickf 21:42 28 Jun 03

It is excellent. My friend has one.

Andybear 21:56 28 Jun 03

Thanks rickf. Amazon are selling it for £69.99, which is between £10 and £30 cheaper than the computer stores (I've looked at 3 or 4 - they all charge different prices).

rickf 22:45 28 Jun 03

Check out the price of the 1260 photo in case you want to scan slides as well. This model is out of date and prices are dropping fast.

Sir Radfordin 23:00 28 Jun 03

I've got a 1250 and its so easy to use/setup. Epson are well worth spending money on they have great customer support.

Something else to consider is the CanoScan Lide 50 (I think!) which only has one cable as it uses the power from the USB to work. Nice slim design.

Patr100 23:33 28 Jun 03

I have used an Epson 1250 photo. I'm a fairly experienced user but despite good reviews I found it to be extremely slow and with cumbersome software. The images from photos or diags were very good, slides were variable, however given my experience I would not buy another in the range. The technique support varied from the unhelpful to very good with the same problem which I eventually resolved but only after having to try twice and spoke to someone who actually knew what they were talking about.

Andybear 09:12 29 Jun 03

SirRadfordin

As regards the CanoScan Lide 50, that is another one I was looking at. Windows XP mag recently gave it an excellent review. One thing I like about that one is the fact that it has a stand so you can place it in a vertical position when it's not being used - something that would be handly in my little flat!

Sir Radfordin 09:31 29 Jun 03

click here and you can get £10 of at JohnLewis online. Should make the CanoScan an even better deal.

JohnLewis are great for buying stuff from!

Andybear 09:42 29 Jun 03

Cheers! They don't do that particular model of Canoscan but they do the Epson Perfection 1260 for £59.50. Take the £10 off, making it £49.50 -bargain!

DieSse 12:53 29 Jun 03

I've got an HP 2300C, and the software that comes with it is truly excellent (the scanners fine too!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…