Epson ink

iqs 12:57 PM 26 Jan 13

Hi, I've been looking for a new printer .i have read some reviews regarding epson printers ,most have commented in regards to the new cartridges only having 3.3 ml of ink,a quarter f what they used to be . Is three any truth in this ? Thanks

spuds 17:21 PM 26 Jan 13

You are not perhaps confusing the 3.3ml for starter pack cartridges, because I have found that Epson and other makes of cartridge content quantity can vary on which printer model you have or use.

Any cartridge refill company will give you the details for maximum fill, because most of these company's fill to capacity or offer 'normal' or 'higher' capacity fills.

If Epson are reducing their own capacity fill, then perhaps this is to cover and subsidise the cheap cost of the printer?.

As a suggestion, I would check to see if a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) or refillables are available for the Epson model you are perhaps considering. I have had Epson's and other printer's run this way, and it can make considerable savings in the long term.

iqs 10:45 AM 27 Jan 13

Hi,and thanks for the help . I think I might be confusing the cartridges that are supplied with a printer,and the ones you purchase after . Should of thought it through first before posting Thank you again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know