Epson CX6600 opinions plz

Skills 23:42 05 May 06

Looking to replace my exsiting printer and an MFD would do quite nicely looking through the back issues of PCA it seems that this device was ranked number in there charts.

Was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this model.

Also my current model is a C64 photo which I have used compatabiles in but it now just leaves blobs of ink all over the page (the black) its a few years old and given that you can pick up a 4 pack of originals for not much more now do you think its better to stick with them?

VideoSentry 14:45 06 May 06

I have a 6600 at work where I use it mainly as a colour copier, but is also has the very useful card reader so I have a bit more space, and prints very nicely ( I have only used plain paper ) .

Jimmy14 14:53 06 May 06

of newer MFD's out and most of them have built in card-readers, pictbridge and even a preview screen.

You would be cheaper getting a different one with all these extra features and new to the market

Skills 15:15 06 May 06

The CX6600 does have a card reader built in im not to fussed about pictabridge. The reason why i was looking at the cx6600 is the scanner resolutions seem quite good for an MFD, Ive only got about a hundred max budget. I cant really see me doing a lot of printing straight from card anyway as I like to tweak my photos in photoshop first so a preview screen isnt a must either.

I understand what you were saying about a newer model but looking through old reviews this model seems to have quite good features and i dont mind not having the latest tech.

If theres any suggestions of another MFD thats worth a look

Skills 15:20 06 May 06

Any thoughts on the DX4800?

Jimmy14 17:33 06 May 06

a Lexmark P4350 for £66. It has pictbridge,preview screen. If you want more though there is the above model P6350. I find it to be very good quality when printing documents and especially photos

Jimmy14 17:35 06 May 06

I am after reading a review on it and it got an overall 7/10 which is very good.

Heres the link for the full review
click here

The price is a bit steep for the features £81 inc vat.

Skills 18:09 06 May 06

Ive also come accross the RX425 which looks pretty good price of £70 epson inks are only £25 with a 100 sheets of photo paper. Good scanner resolutions, pictabridge as well no preview screen thou. Just looking through reviews now.

Thanks for the link jimmy14 will have a read now.

Im looking for an epson printer I just like epsons and they seem to be the most resonable on there inks.

Skills 22:49 16 May 06

Just doing a bit of housekeepin ended up getting the DX4850 which has pictabridge and a memory card slot as well as the DX4800, so far so good and the scanner gives good quality.

Am happy with the purchase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…