epson cx 3200

DUKE 18:20 18 May 03

had trouble loading software contacted tech support told to download patches they didnt work eventually told to return product and not to buy another

Forum Editor 20:57 18 May 03

Would you care to elaborate - are you saying that Epson actually told you not to buy one of their products?

Or have I completely misunderstood?

DUKE 12:37 24 May 03

yes thats right after numerous attempts to load software they told me there was nothing more they could do and to return said printer back to where i purchased it, and then suggested i didnt purchase another one. i have sent quite a lengthy e mail to epson on the matter and am awaiting reply

davidg_richmond 12:50 24 May 03

Maybe they did so because your PC is somehow incompatible? What was their justification for saying this? Or was it one tech support person's personal view of that product?

DUKE 13:00 24 May 03

wouldn't have thought so p4 2.0ghz 256ram not quite a year old running xp, part of problem software kept asking for windows 98 files

Happy1 13:33 24 May 03

I use and also some of my friends use CX3200 and CX5200 models and have never encountered that problem. Maybe you have just been unlucky. Wonder if your pc was brand new or if it was upgraded and you were not aware. Or maybe the All in One printer was supplied with the wrong software. I was supplied with two CDs and it was difficult to tell which one to install as they both looked alike. In the end put both on and clicked OK to everything. Works great anyway.

DUKE 13:55 24 May 03

FIRST CX3200 I HAD CAME WITH 2 CD ROMS LOADED BOTH AS YOU DID BUT PROBLEM PERSITED (THAT ONE HAD A MECHANICAL FAULT AND HAD TO RETURN),STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN WHY TECH SUPPORT HAD NO ANSWERS?

davidg_richmond 14:05 24 May 03

Sometimes problems can be too difficult to find over a telephone or e-mail. It is highly likely that they simply decided that a solution was not going to be found in any convenient time frame for yourself and them.

It does sound to me like a problem with your own system set up if it is asking for the Win98 CD. Did you perform a re-install of Windows? Had you updated as many other drivers on your system as possible? (I ask this as chipset drivers for your motherboard can often be problematic for USB devices).

BOB 14:24 24 May 03

I had trouble loading software for cx 3200 on dual boot xp/ME machine.Worked fine on ME but would not load on xp. Got no reply from Epson for advice. In end reloaded xp and then reloaded cx3200 software and now it works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…