//some 3rd party need geo

Epson C62? Whats your opinion?

tanzanite 13:46 28 Aug 03

Fairly new to pcs and am wanting to buy my first printer,so much to choose from!,I have been thinking along the lines of an Epson or Cannon mainly due to the price of refill cartridges.Its only for occasional use and maybe the odd photo so speed isnt that important but quality of print is,I need something that will be easy to install under XP,anyway whats your opinion on the C62 or do you no of one that is just as good or better?

Gareth2303 15:07 28 Aug 03

I Have the epson c62 printer and i find that it is very fast at printing black pages at about 10ppm but for photos i wouldnt recommend this printer, It does do then at fantastic quality but i dont think that it was made for photos only, Maybe why not get Epson cx3200. It runs on 4 ink cartridges which cost about £40 to refill and last about 5000 pages, This is a scanner copier and printer in one. It is very good with better quality on photos than the C62. Its up too u.........I hope i made it easier

The Idle one 15:21 28 Aug 03

I have a C62 & find it good for b/w but i find all colour sheets appear with a slight blue tinge.
this is also visible on b/w pics.
dont use it for photos so doesn't matter much.

rickf 15:25 28 Aug 03

For photos go for the epson830. Just bought it from Dabs for £59inclVat. If you hurry you may stll be able to get one. The photo prints are brilliant and its a doddle to install. I was conidering the 62 but opted for the 830 cause of the 6 colour capability.

tanzanite 16:38 28 Aug 03

Well i reckon the C62 isnt as good as i first thought,Im just gonna get me shoes on and go visit dabs and have a look at the 830 rickf lol! If anyone has any more opinions please post them.

Andybear 18:26 28 Aug 03

As regards the C62, I bought it because PCA mag gave it a rave review. I was disappointed. I seem to spend half my time cleaning the ink heads. Consequently the ink cartridge doesn't last long, particularly the black one. This particular gripe was the subject of another thread so I'm not the only one this happens to.

fitcher 20:43 28 Aug 03

have you noticed how they have indented the cartridge so it takes less ink .I was not impressed with c 62. I thought my 440 epson was just as good, and did not have chipped cartridges,,
why don't they make clear plastic ones so you could see the ink when filling them .

fitcher 20:51 28 Aug 03

just adding to my note I read that epson are going to start using pigmented ink
in their colours as well as their black
the black seems to block more than the colours so what can we expect
And what will I fill my fountain pen with .as I find the blue ideal .

The Sack 22:06 28 Aug 03

The Epson CX3200 that you speak so highly is actualy a C62 with bits bolted on and it uses the same inks.

The C62 is a superb printer for the money and providing you match the paper to the print job you will get fantastic results when it comes to photos.

As for inks, sod Epson and there laughable prices, click here pay less than a fiver each for them inc VAT and P&P, they even come with a 100% no quibble guarantee and if you get one with a duff chip it is freepost to send it back for a free replacment. Brilliant company to do business with.

whybe 00:31 29 Aug 03

Thanks for the link, I've just saved 50% on the cost of a HP colour cartridge.
Sorry I don't know anything about Epson printers and for slightly highjacking the thread.

tanzanite 13:31 29 Aug 03

well i was just looking in ebay for printers and i came across the Lexmark P707 its a 6 colour jet printer,brandnew priced at £30.00 to buy now,I checked google to find out more about it and the cheapest price is £69.99,it dosnt come with cartridges so im wondering if you can buy these cheap or would it work out to dear to replace the cartridges? Oh heres the link if ur wondering! click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…