Epson C62. Dearest printer to run?

elec 20:46 03 Jan 03
  elec 20:46 03 Jan 03

On the recommendation of Pc Advisor I purchased an Epson C62. Having used it in normal mode the results are :- Warming up time/nozzle cleaning/scrolling first page 45 seconds. Time to print one page = 52 seconds. Average print time per page there-after = 8 seconds. The mono cartridge ran out after 120 pages and cost a staggering £29.99 ( T040 ) from PC World - Their dearest cartridge. Where did PcAdvisor get their £11 from? Colour ( T041 ) is £26.99 this equates to 25p per mono page of normal type. Any comments?

tartanterror 20:53 03 Jan 03

i also have a epson c62 printer and get excellent results from compatable cartridges from click here
black and colour £20 inc p&p theres an offer on the now where u can select either a black or colour free.
hope this helps

interzone55 20:55 03 Jan 03

click here

Try Choice Stationary £4.99 for a compatible black & £5.99 for colour. These cartridges are chipped & ready to use. I use their Epson 680 cartridges at home & their C42 cartridges at work & they're both fine.

click here

This is the Epson on-line store page. £26.68 for black & £22.22 for colour.

Did you really count the number of pages you printed?

You do know that ink is wasted everytime the printer is turned on, and that magazines base their usage figures on 5% coverage per page.

siouxah1 20:56 03 Jan 03

Try here for less exspensive cartridge. Original.
click here.

Out of stock at the moment, but for the future.£17.90

Sir Radfordin™ 21:35 03 Jan 03

Choice Stationary every time for ink and you should see your costs drop! Using a C60 without too many problems. Aye, slow but there we go.

H-J 21:47 03 Jan 03

I havn't seen the article where that price for an ink cart is quoted but at that price it sounds like it could be a compatable, not an epson cart. I always tell people to look at the aftermarket price of running a printer, and not just the initial puchase price. for what its worth, btw, if you use a compat cart you run the risk of invalidating any warranty you might have with the printer, and if PcAdvisor have been implying that you run it on compats without mentioning this then shame on them.

Hugh J.

Gaz 25 22:00 03 Jan 03

I have a HP that costs £150 to replace the ink, and the amount I use it it has gone in 2/3 weeks,

I do refil but there is a limit to how many times you do this!

Djohn 23:51 03 Jan 03

click here Found this for you way back on page 6, BX has just bought a new Epson c62 and uses this ink with no problems at all. Regards, J.

Totally-braindead 00:06 04 Jan 03

Agree with the others elec I also use compatibles in my Epson 680 from Choice Stationary. And have found them to be as good as Epsons originals and only about 1/3 of the price. Their inkjet papers are excellent too and at a good price.

kingkenny 12:50 04 Jan 03

I am starting to notice my ink go down quite quickly on my C62! and it takes a while to print one page like you said. Still I am happy with the results so far. Was going to go for a Lexmark but heard they are really exp to run

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5