Epson C42 printer

lovelylel 19:43 19 Jul 03

I am currently searching for a colour printer here in Nairobi, Kenya. My local stockist has a good deal of a bundle of an Epson C42 printer with an Epson scanner (can't remember the number). Anyone out there own a C42 and can let me know about it's reliablity, ease of use etc? Of course I will have no manufacturer's backup here so really need to make sure this printer will be OK before I buy. Thanks in advance. L

wee eddie 19:57 19 Jul 03

That the availability and price of consumables and local maintenance will be more important

Sir Radfordin 21:15 19 Jul 03

C42 is a good enough printer for basic stuff, you wouldn't want to push it too hard. As Wee eddie says, you want to make sure you'll be able to get ink for it.

richierich 00:20 20 Jul 03

Nice quality printer but be aware the low price is because it uses tiny little ink cartridges which dont last long and cost a small fortune each time to renew. If you intend to do a lot of printing buy a machine that uses bigger carts and is more economical.

lovelylel 06:09 20 Jul 03

for these responses. I travel to and from Kenya regulalry so am able to buy cartridges in UK although they are available here at a price. Unfortunately there is not a great choice of affordable printers here and I have used Epson in the UK although not this model. Think I'll go ahead anyway. Once again, thanks for help. L

wee eddie 13:50 20 Jul 03

Pressure changes in the aircraft, can cause leakage. Although this may not be a problem with unopened cartridges

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…