Epson 830 Printer - Great Printer

Ozzy666 09:00 06 Jan 03
  Ozzy666 09:00 06 Jan 03

I bought an Epson 830 Photo printer at the week-end - wow what a great printer for the money.

A4 prints from my old 1.3 Mp Fuiji digital camera were superb on Epson glossy photopaper. I'm almost sorry I bought an Olympus C4000 at Xmas !!

Locally here in the North West, the printer is available from Dixons at £89 (none in stock for another week apparently) so to my eternal shame I made this my first ever purchase from TIME.
Still it was only £95 and from a reputable manufacturer - even if the young lad serving me did seem to think that an extended warranty was worth having !!

A great printer though - go buy one !!

ArthurFowler 09:14 06 Jan 03

I'm off to get one today based on reviews etc. I know that they are not cheap to run and are not very fast, but at the price, the photos look great.

BTW, apparently PCWorld, Currys and Comet have reduced their prices on this printer now to a shade under £88 (in store).

Andsome 09:27 06 Jan 03

I bought one a few weeks ago, and cannot believe the quality that I get on photo paper bought from click here , or click here. I have not even used the very best setting yet, and have made some superb prints from my Olympus C3020 zoom.

ArthurFowler 13:22 06 Jan 03

After a failed trip to PC World where I couldn't find anyone to tell me whether they had any in stock (the one and only sales assistant was busy), I went to Dixons and got one for £87.99 (with the Harry Potter print CD).

It was marked as a sale item, so I don't know how long this will be the price, but given the number of stores marking this down, it might be permanent.

Shame I can't try it yet as I'm not getting my new PC until later this month!

Andsome 14:11 06 Jan 03

I too will be getting a new PC later this month, but couldn't wait to try mine out. Why not uninstall your old printer and try the new one out? You will be used to it by the time you get your new computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…