Epsom DX500 problem

Hetti 16:18 14 Oct 09

Hi all
I have Epsom DX5000 all-in-one and have used compatibles for a few months now,although the printer takes a bit of time to accept them, I have to go thought the "Install new cartridge" procedure quiet a few times as it says replace Black, i do, then it says replace yellow and goes through all of the colours before it works correctly,

But this time no matter what I do it will not work, it eitiher says "ink not compatible" or it says one of the colours need replacing.
I cant understand why it wont work now when it has acceppted the cartrides in the past.

Any Ideas please?

bjh 17:54 14 Oct 09

I have a DX6050, and have had a similar problem in the past. Although I sourced my cartridges from the same (old) supplier, they appeared to be of variable quality.

Cartridges may fit, but they need to be chipped in a compatible manner for them to be recognised. Some older stock work for earlier models, but not for these printers.

The simplest answer is to break the bank, and buy Epson original cartridges.

The cheaper option is to buy a set of recently-made compatible cartridges, from a different supplier from your last lot.

I have more recently used More Inks click here for a while, and had no problems with the cartridge not being recognised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5