Epsom 830 printer

zebbydog 13:50 28 Apr 03

I bought an epsom 830 6 months ago and have started having problems, where i bought it said epsom would deal with it and gave me a phone number to call.

Epsom would not do anything about it because it did not have genuine epsom ink, ie no warrantry unless i put their ink back in it.

So beware anybody thinking of buying an epsom product.

pj123 14:14 28 Apr 03

Epson can only do that if they can prove that it was the compatible ink cartridge that caused the problem. I have been using compatible ink in all my 3 Epson printers for a long time now. When I had a problem with one of them I rung Epson and they sent me a new printer and took the old one away with no problems.

zebbydog 15:42 28 Apr 03

Epsom would not even look at my printer with compatible ink cartridges in after 2 long phone calls never mind send me a new one.

In the end the local shop were i buy quite a bit of stuff sorted me out with a c82 and took the 830 back. I hope i have no trouble with this one.

lovelylel 15:46 28 Apr 03

I also have an 830 running on compatibles. Had some problems a while ago, rang the helpline and was asked about the cartridges. Fibbed and said original, and the chap at epson could not have been more helpful. The way I look at it, if they will only accept back a printer wuth original cartridge, maybe we should keep one to hand. Needless to say my problem was not with the catridge, just my ignornace!

pj123 16:22 28 Apr 03

I am very surprised at the response you got from Epson. I told them I was using compatible ink cartridges but the problem was nothing to do with the ink. I have posted several good reports about Epson on the Consumer Watch Forum (even got one printed in PC Advisor Magazine)

Maybe I ought to review this.

Do we have a Representative from Epson on the Helpline Forum????

zebbydog 16:37 28 Apr 03

If i get trouble with the c82 i will try the i have epsom cartridge approach next time.

But as i use quite a lot as i do photo,s it is to dear to use them all the time.

Thank you all for the responce

Zebby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now