Envelope printing?

Kaarthuul 11:31 11 May 06

Hi All

Can anybody advise on a printer that can print large quantities of envelopes for mail outs?

I currently print to labels, and would like to be able to print directly to the envelopes. Mono laser would be my first choice, preferably with a duplex unit to do the letters as well.

Regards

Clive

€dstowe 14:29 11 May 06

I usually suggest window envelopes so that the address header on the enclosed letter shows through. This cuts out a whole process of printing the envelope and looks professional. (It must be good because lots and lots of people use window envelopes)

For folding the letter (assuming a trifold sheet) it's easy with experience to fold at the correct position but it is always possible to put a small marker on the letter template at an approriate place to indicate one third down (or up) the page. This is 99mm on A4.

pj123 16:16 11 May 06

I agree with €dstowe as well. I always use Window envelopes for my bulk mailings. Saves half the time. Print the letter, fold it, stick it in the envelope, job done.

I do have Avery Labels but I only use a label when I am re-using the envelope.

I get lots of stuff in jiffy/padded envelopes which I keep. If I then need to post out a protected item I re-use one of these envelopes and use a label to cover up my address. I find it difficult to remove old labels without destroying the envelope.

bluto1 22:49 11 May 06

Are you the guys sending me all that mail?
Only joking, and I agree, window envelopes are infinitely less hassle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…