Entertainment PC in XP Workshop

Splodge 14:54 15 Aug 03

In PC Advisor (October 2003) XP Workshop has suggested that a EPG (Electronic Program Guide) is not available with Showshifter and that their TV Tuner does not work with one.

Well chaps, I have a Hauppauge WINTV, I have Showshifter and it integrates with Digiguide. Not only that... right-clicking on the Digiguide Page showing "My TV" gives the option of setting a recording time without having to open Showshifter.

It will open, record and close automatically.

I recommend both Showshifter, for its cheapness and Digiguide for its flexibility and cost of £6.99 per year.

I hope PC Advisor will amend its advice because, although it cannot be aware of everything or test every new program, I am sure it would want to keep readers up-to-date with new information relating to its' workshops.

Thanks for the info splodge.

I only received my Oct issue today, so haven't read the article yet, but I am intererested in going down this route.

Splodge 19:36 15 Aug 03

Did you also know that you can also burn a recorded TV program to CD-R in minutes using Showshifter, BJ. Well worth a look.

Splodge, no I didn't, this will be new territory for me, so thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…