Energy

merciarich 07:57 22 Feb 08

I know this isnt related to PCAdvisor, but is anybody feeling ripped off with the recent British Gas price increase?

They have already been on Watchdog loads of times in the past 6 months, I'm guessing they will be on there again very soon?

Pine Man 08:40 22 Feb 08

What beats me is WHY are so many people still using BG when it is so easy to change and most of the others are cheaper?

merciarich 08:51 22 Feb 08

It is pretty stupid......

We moved a while ago, not due to prices, but due to the bad service.

They reckon they have put the prices up so they can re-invest £5billion back into the environment. What they actually mean is they need to fund the staff Christmas party again this year.

peter99co 14:42 22 Feb 08

If the Gas Importers had storage capacity we could see a price reduction but they buy at low price and then have to sell back abroad because there is to much gas onshore. then when they need it they buy the same gas again at a higher price which is what we pay.

mole44 16:40 22 Feb 08

i signed up to stay warm dual fuel(you have to be over 60),not only saved me £300 on last years bill but paying a set monthly fee (£71) i`ve avoided all those nasty price rises.

pj123 18:16 22 Feb 08

Haven't been with British Gas for years.

Have changed suppliers a few times and am now with Scottish Power for Gas and Electricity.

They are now telling me that their prices are going up.

Checking on uswitch I find that Southern Electricity can offer me a better deal than Scottish Power.

But how long does it last?

How many times can you switch your supplier to keep your payments low?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…