email / gmail - any problems ?

jarani 15:04 30 Oct 07

I am currently with Orange since early Freeserve days - I want to move away for a number of reasons but am concerned for my email address on which incidentally I get 200+ spam per day

I thought of changing to gmail over some 3 - 4 months period before giving up on Orange

how do they compare ? will gmail work as well as email ? any problems with the idea ? I want to be free of ISP providers for my mail

the next question will be - which ISP ? - but I want to sort out my mail first - jarani

I use gmail with no ill effects touch wood,i also filter my two old isp addresses through it.
The spam Filters are excellent and once you mark them as spam,they are automatically put in the spam box.
There is also a calender option,googledocs(excel,word type docs) and picasa that you can integrate into it.
In addition to above ive got 4GB of online storage space very useful if you want to upload stuff that you can access anywhere.
The search mail function is also very good,fast like googlesearch.
Also if you use gmail there is a addon "better gmail"
Which makes it customiseable.

sorry last bit should read if using firefox there is a addon called better gmail

jarani 17:27 30 Oct 07

Raven - that is all positive - thank you - jarani

^wave^ 10:42 31 Oct 07

i use gmail and my isp email and i have never had a problem with spam on gmail it does filter it, so does my isp as i dont have a prob there you could try using thunderbird as an email client als very good junk filters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…