Email From Dell

Andrew P 16:14 06 Feb 03

Hi all,
A few months back I was having trouble with my Dell Dimension 8200 Computer, and through email I was communicating with someone called Dinesh Bhat. Today I received an email from him, which had also been sent to many other email addresses (there were loads in the 'to:' box aswell as mine.) It seems as though it was a chain email. But from what I can see, Dinesh has also forwarded the message to many other Dell customers, and many other Dell Employees (Quite a few of the email addresses end with [email protected]'). But surely a big company like Dell would know not to forward chain messages to anyone, especially its customers? I fear that now, lots of Dell employees will also be getting this message, and so forwarding it to more and more of it's customers. So can anyone tell me if the original message below IS actually a chain letter, and if Dell are allowed to email their customers like this, even though I haven't signed up for any of Dell's mailing lists? Isn't it just classed as spam email?
Many thanks,
Andrew P.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gaurav Minocha
> Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 1:31 PM
> Posted To: KEC Real Estate, Buy & Sell
> Conversation: Pls Help this Guy
> Subject: Pls Help this Guy
>
>
> Hi Friends,
>
> My nephew (2 and a 1/2 month old) is undergoing a complicated heart
surgery tomorrow (7th of Feb - Friday) at Narayan Hrudalaya (Dr. Devi
Shetty's Hospital that is located 3-4 kms ahead of electronic city). The
doctors have asked to arrange for AB+ positive blood group asap. If any of
you can possibly help us out, we'll be really thankful. Blood has to be
donated before 6'o clock today.
>
> Please contact me at 5047028 (direct) or 9845013092 and I'll arrange for
the commuting.
>
> Also, if possible, please forward this mail to your friends/local eGroups.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ashutosh
> i2 DD,
> Ph:- 5047028
>

Diemmess 16:55 06 Feb 03

If you feel "generous and public spirited" this calls for Hard Copy letter to the MD........More in sorrow than anger you understand.

Send him the whole story as a reprint and see what happens.......!

You can dream of something exotic as generous thanks for your trouble.

More realistically it would interest me and many others to know what transpires!

piggy 19:43 06 Feb 03

yep, I've seen this one and a couple of variations .
Piggy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…