Elite GTX260 Pro (PCA 11)

RobStar2008 13:23 19 Sep 08

Just to let you know guys, Ive just purchased the Elite GTX260 Pro (PCA 11) and it doesn't come with a 700W CoolerMaster Silent Pro power supply (apparently a miss print - Mesh marketing) or a 896MB PCI Express BFG nVidia GeForce GTX 260 (They are still to confirm the brand supplied). Instead its a 550W standard power supply and a standard nVidea GeForce GTX 260... I'm still going to buy it because its a cracking system (on paper - assuming the 550W power-supply is up to the task) I must admit I don't know if a reviewed system has to be one sold or just based around it - so i've not complained so much so far. Hope this helps any one..

RobStar2008 13:26 19 Sep 08

*Mesh Elite GTX260 Pro (PCA 11)* as reviewed in November edition

Just to let you know guys, Ive just purchased the *MESH* Elite GTX260 Pro (PCA 11) and it doesn't come with a 700W CoolerMaster Silent Pro power supply (apparently a miss print - Mesh marketing) or a 896MB PCI Express BFG nVidia GeForce GTX 260 (They are still to confirm the brand supplied). Instead its a 550W standard power supply and a standard nVidea GeForce GTX 260... I'm still going to buy it because its a cracking system (on paper - assuming the 550W power-supply is up to the task) I must admit I don't know if a reviewed system has to be one sold or just based around it - so i've not complained so much so far. Hope this helps any one..

MESH Support 14:03 19 Sep 08

Hi RobStar2008,

Brand names may change if demand is greater than supply, and we then we substitute for an equal or better product.

On the PSU though that should not have occurred as far as I can see. I'm currently looking into that for you and will come back as soon as I have more info.

Davey

RobStar2008 20:02 19 Sep 08

Thanks for the quick reply Davey

Thanks for news on the graphics card, BFG are a good brand, esp for the overclocked ones.

On the PSU front I got in touch with the Sales department when I looked at the email confirmation.

They said they'd get back to me because they didnt have a copy of the review - but didn't. Any how when I phoned up a day later he informed me that he had been in touch with marketing and that the 700W power supply had been a miss print. I challenged that but he wasn't budging.

PSU's have been a bit of a sore topic for me recently because my old Mesh computer's PSU exploded two weeks ago taking out the motherboard and processor. It was four years old tho so I was quite happy with buying new - Also it was a fantasticly made computer hence why im returning.

Ill message you my order details

Kind Regards

RobStar2008

GaT7 21:33 19 Sep 08

The MESH specs page click here says it comes with a "700W Silent PSU". To be fair, no mention is made of a 'Coolermaster' PSU in their specs. Does make one wonder if it was sent to impress the PCA reviewer though! But it's not acceptable if you only got a 550W PSU.

"Thanks for news on the graphics card, BFG are a good brand, esp for the overclocked ones." - I agree that BFG are a good brand & better than any unbranded/generic make. Having said that, I cannot see BFG mentioned anywhere in the review or in the official specs?

So on the PSU front we know for sure that they haven't substituted one of "an equal or better product" - it's worse actually. I hope MESH & Davey can provide what's in the specs at the very least. G

RobStar2008 12:32 20 Sep 08

Looks like they've changed their specs page so thats good, at least it says 700W now.

At the end of the review in the specs on page three online it says "896MB PCI Express BFG nVidia GeForce GTX 260 (games scores: Crysis = 63fps; Fear = 228fps)" Also in the magazine on page 163 in the table. I can remember BFG when I bought my Voodoo 3 3000 all them years ago - tbh Ive not heard much since - but it did make me feel all nostalgic lol!

Thanks for the comment crossbow, I think things are moving on since I posted on here. I must confess I didn't expect to be having to do this, its nice to know that other people are on my side!

Rob

RobStar2008 13:54 22 Sep 08

Davey, Ive been trying to message you but the email address its trying to send it to is failing. Im guessing that your davey w the Technical Administrator (mesh forums)

The order number is 118812

Ive been dealing with Sanjay the account manager (im sure he's pretty sick of me now ive called him every day for the last week) - Ive called him today informing him about the changes to the website (that im guessing you instigated)

he said ok fine, i'll send you a new confirmation through with the change to the power supply. (ive not got it yet - but its only 4 hours since)

My computer is still under construction so i'm hoping that now the websites changed my order will too

I dont really know why im posting this but ive got a feeling I should be thanking you for speeding things up.

Robstar2008

MESH Support 09:36 23 Sep 08

Hi RobStar2008,

Sorry, it was late Friday when the matter was resolved but I was unable to post before I had to leave and I then had the day off yesterday.

It seems the PSU upgrade from 500W (our intended PSU originally) to 700W was necessary just prior to sending the review system off but it wasn't updated on the original order. This was our mistake and we apologise for the confusion.

Email received by the way, I'll come back to you on the order update if it hasn't been actioned already.

Davey

RobStar2008 09:41 23 Sep 08

Your a Star!

Thanks for your reply!

RobStar2008

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:18 25 Sep 08

in your first post (repeated)you complain you were supplied with a standard nvidia 260, Davey makes no mention of the card in his post and in your next post you're thanking him for 'news on the BFG card' - What news was that? Then you say they (Mesh) have updated their specs page to list a 700w psu but you said that was they originally listed (hence you were complaining about getting a 550w psu)

RobStar2008 21:08 10 Oct 08

So after a month of phone calls, the power supply on the order was changed (they had to re-order it entirely).

Apparently the review computer wouldnt turn on with a 550w power supply so they changed it last minute and marketing didnt edit the paperwork.

I placed a formal compliant and mesh offered me a free game.

The system finally arrived today - without the speakers

(with an ASUS gfx card according to the instructions - not bad, but not great.)

I set it up, and the computer fans span up but no picture... The gfx card is broken...

---------------------------

Answer for Arthur scrimshaw... You cannot edit your posts So I added it was a mesh computer on the second post....

The review computer had BFG GTX260, 700w power supply (which was changed last minute and not recorded on their computer system - hence the sales department thinking it was still 550W)

The original computer spec on the mesh website (pre PC advisor comment) had a un-specified gfx card with a 550W psu... This computer would not work because it would be underpowered.

After my post on PC advisor forum, davey (Mesh Support) changed the spec on the mesh website to contain a 700W PSU still un-specified grafics card

On Delivery 9/10/08 - the pc contained (according to the technical support check), an ASUS GTX260 and 700W psu. But when turned on would not produce a signal to the monitor.

Regards

Robstar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…