Ehotspot

rupie 16:27 17 May 05

Has anybody heard if this company? I know they provide wireless Broadband to remote areas. I am thinking of changing my ISP and cannot find them in any ISP rating or review sites.

spuds 23:23 17 May 05

Will this do! click here click here

dan11 00:17 18 May 05

I use ehotspot. The system is quite easy. A small box is installed on the roof in line of sight of the central node. A lead is fed into the house straight into the lan or usb socket ( your choice ). The signal is sent by WiFi. The contention ratio is usually 15-1, far less than adsl.

The central node also acts as a hotspot, so it is possible to access the internet on a laptop within a range of 1 mile from the central node. Great if you take the lappy to a friends house to show things or download items.

At the moment I am on a 4mb download from the satellite click here
click here and a 512Kb upload. I recently downloaded 3 linx disks, 3 X 650Mb in just over an hour. Thats 2 gig. there is no restrictions on the amount I download.

I have 5 static IP addresses and 4 computers on the net. Each has the full 4mb service, it is not divided between the 4.

I was offered a special deal. £15 a month
click here, no download restrictions, 4Mb download, 512kb back haul, 5 static IP addresses and no installation charges. you do not need a telephone line.

The downside is there is a minute delay, so no good for gamers and peer to peer is not allowed. Both do not affect me.

ADSL is available, but I would not swap, even if you paid me. :-)))

dan11 00:28 18 May 05

I should of mentioned that ehotspot have the franchise for the UK. The service is provided by aramiska. A satellite that covers all of northern Europe. They hope to provide the new WiFi service to trains.click here
click here=

rupie 23:58 19 May 05

Thanks spuds! even I can do that !. It is interesting to hear dands opinion of them. He goes through image shack. Does anybody think they are good or bad ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…