ecosse.net email probs

jonathon2412 18:54 14 Jan 08

oops mistakenly put this in the tech probs forum first time! My email account with ecosse.net has been down since last wednesday but I cannot find anywhere other than a premium rate phone line to complain on. Is there any way to complain about this and does any one have any info about when they might get it fixed? Hope you can help.
JH

Clapton is God 19:20 14 Jan 08

Most ISPs usually have a premium rate phone number - so you're not alone in that regard.

If you really want your e-mail back, pick up the phone and call them.

"any info about when they might get it fixed?"

Have you looked at their website?

birdface 19:30 14 Jan 08

Hi.Tried a few of the ecosse sites and cannot open them,This is one of the few that will open.click here

birdface 19:34 14 Jan 08

click here This is the one that I opened but signing in they want paid in $ instead of £ so obviously not the proper one.

birdface 19:57 14 Jan 08

click here click here Looks as though it has been taken over by another company and have loads of problems at the moment.

Clapton is God 20:08 14 Jan 08

Looks like it might be a good time to cancel your Direct Debit with ecosse and move to a proper ISP

RusticHaggisFed 22:16 14 Jan 08

We are being flippant with Jonathon's problem. He is not alone - hundreds if not thousands of eccosse.net users are left in the lurch.. Let's be clear about this - since Wednesday LAST WEEK, all email facility has failed. All emails sent to users since then have disappeared and cannot be retrieved meantime, this is critical to users depending on emails for business. The company cannot provide a list of emails lost, so users cannot inform senders to re-send to a new address, just nothing! This means real financial loss for many users, which I suggest should be claimed against the breathe internet.com, the new owners of ecosse.net. Their history they hoped was behind them:

"breathe" was first launched in 1999 by Martin Dawes Communications with a memorable national advertising campaign costing over £37m... the demise of the business as they could not fulfil demand... business collapsed with debts estimated at £50m, and Great Universal Stores (GUS) bought it in 2001.

Later, 'breathe' was bought by Affinity Internet who managed it for two years before selling it to Net Access Limited.

On 1 September 2006, Breathe Networks Limited successfully completed the acquisition of the assets of breathe from the Administrators of Net Access.

They also owns a number of brands including Bush Internet, MacUnlimited, Blue Carrots, Gio Internet and Netcom. So watch out!

Taff™ 06:59 15 Jan 08

I have been with breathe since the Martin Dawes days and their current abuse of their customers has led to me gradually switching all my contacts to my other ISP e-mail address. Back in April last year, without warning or information, their servers went down for several weeks. In December they went down again for nearly three weeks over Christmas. Breathe have discontinued all their local and national rate phone lines and you can no longer e-mail support from their portal to raise an issue.

Seriously think about making alternative arrangements. Breathe must now rank as one of, if not the worst ISP in the UK for customer service & satisfaction.

Taff™ 07:05 15 Jan 08
  RusticHaggisFed 18:56 15 Jan 08

Some emails have been recovered, but I understand from my accountants some have been returned to sender as undeliverable. I did not see any apology from breathe.net for the failures in my inbox. I think it is not a service to rely on... I'm off to another provider.

Taff™ 16:18 18 Jan 08

Returned e-mails is standard in this situation. Very, very frustrating. Suggest you mark as resolved and move on. (Come back to the forum though!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…