Eclipse Internet (Slow ADSL)

robbiepaul79 15:35 11 Jul 07

Just a note to ask if anyone out there is having the problems along the same as myself, my internet connection at home has almost been unusable for around a month now.

I know they have a service issue yet its getting a little annoying seeing as i play online games with subscriptions and its all mounting up, ive asked for information regarding my situation twice now with no response.

Anyone else out there with problems?

iscanut2 17:59 11 Jul 07

As you say, this issue has been running for some months now. No consolation to you, but I am with Eclipse and although my speed drops during busy tiomes of the business day, early morning and evenings I have been getting speeds of 5 & 6 Mbps at times, although the average is probably around 3.

robbiepaul79 11:00 12 Jul 07

That would be great Marg7 please email it to me rather annoying problem, havent been able to play WoW or LOTR for ages now hehe

JC-Bedford 20:22 16 Jul 07

Hi,
Just to add to this I live in Bedford and use Eclipse ADSL (Not for much longer).
for 2 months my MAX based connection is running at 1.5mb maximum.
They have just charged me £70+ this month for usage, which is a joke as i signed up for the base package and not there FLEX account.
I have opened several tickets which have all had the same reply "were working on it"?
For a company whom allegedly has Consumer awards this is a joke.
I have neibours with BT Broadband running at 7mb that go into the same DP and am only 400m from the exchange.
I would strongly advise moving away from Eclipse as they dont have a clue about customer service, or how to run their ADSL service.
I have tested this connection against my Vodafone 3g card with the 3g outperforming eachtime.
Sorry state for an ISP???? Steer Clear!!!!
JC

iscanut2 09:14 17 Jul 07

The other side of the coin...
I am on Eclipse and consistently get over 4Mbps and very often over 6Mbps. On the occasioins that I have opened a ticket, they have always dealt with promptly. I can't see why you should strongly advise moving away from Eclipse as in my case it's fine. You have no way of knowing everyone else's experience. Similar to the constant debates about Mesh, Dell etc...There are winners and losers !

robbiepaul79 10:06 17 Jul 07

May i ask how one actually checks what there connection speed is, ive ran some speed checks yet they seem only to show the download speed, or is this the same thing.

MichelleC 10:23 17 Jul 07

An isp request 3 test samples at various times to get a mean average, one being after midnight. This is BT's own test click here

robbiepaul79 10:44 17 Jul 07

Thanks for the link i will test it out when i finish work

robbiepaul79 14:20 17 Jul 07

Yes thanks Marg7 i got the mail

robbiepaul79 09:02 18 Jul 07

good to know my service seemed to of improved yesterday, ill see what the next response is from Eclipse, will keep you posted.

foggie 21:01 02 Aug 07

I have been with Eclipse for years, but unfortunately in the last few months the bandwith has been all over the place, sometimes slower than dial-up.
I have left endless support tickets but all I get is the same old email asking me ? to run the tests (why do I have to do the tests ? )
All we do is go around in circles I am a bit reluctant to change but I think it’s the only way.
Can any one recommend a good ISP (my exchange will only handle 5meg) any help will be appreciated feel free to email
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…