Eclipse Computers of Coventry

taffjones 22:36 19 Oct 07

After seeing a review of an Eclipse Elite i675n86gt in the Dec 07 edition i was interested in buying it. However, my opinion has changed dramatically after looking at the revies on click here
They have appaling stories of poor customer service and even employees admitting (this is hearsay) that they are not allowed to give refunds!!
Has anybody had any adverse business dealings with tehm at all? Why are PC Advisor plugging this company if they have a bad reputation?

techie4me 11:50 20 Oct 07

Used them back in 2002 to buy parts from and service was a bit iffy then.

spuds 11:56 20 Oct 07

I can only go on my experiences with this company, and I have mentioned this before on this forum.

Never purchased any large or high priced goods, but items like memory chips,cd drives etc. They always delivered on time with good competitive prices. Telephone calls and emails have also received favourable responses. Whether I would buy a computer system (thought about it once) that's would need further consideration perhaps.

taffjones 14:02 20 Oct 07

Does anybody know where i can get a half decent computer for about £550?? I was going to get an Eclipse Elite i675n86gt (a good little PC) from the company until I read the reviews, however I don't fancy throwing my hard earned cash away like that!

The Kestrel 14:23 20 Oct 07

There are a number of forum members who have purchased PCs from click here and would fully recommend them for quality and service.

taffjones 19:51 21 Oct 07

The Kestrel - Many thanks for the link, I've had a look and they seem to be very reasonably priced.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now