Eclipse Computers

Providerweb 12:59 28 Sep 07

Quick update for everyone who's impressed by the 1 and 2 positions held by Eclipse in the budget pc reviews. I ordered a system on 7th September. At the time of writing (28th September) they haven't even picked the stock yet, let alone started building the computer. So you're looking at over a month for that system to be delivered, by which time it will have dropped down the charts to be replaced by newer machines in any case.

It seems a tad egregious of PC Advisor to not mention this in their reviews, especially given that the Eclipse Computers website and order confirmation are currently claiming 3 to 5 working days for despatch of custom pcs.

spuds 16:49 28 Sep 07

This seems to be one of the failings of this company. They either offer and give good service or give people justified reasons for complaint.

I have dealt with this company in the past, in the purchase of small items only, they came up good, with prices, products and deliveries. Not so sure about the larger item purchase though, reading some of the comments on this and other forums!.

bnorth 09:25 14 Mar 08

This PC ranks number 3 in this months power chart and is apparently " is another stand-out system in a highly competitive chart."
Of course this is only the case if the PC actually works when (eventually) delivered or if it can be easily fixed.
Given Eclipsecomputers very bad web feedback on customer service, product reliability and delivery times I don't think I'd be tempted.
It'd be nice, as another poster suggested, if the reviews posted a health warning that the PC maker itself is not necessarily endorsed by a good review as this is an important component of the whole package and should be taken into account if a "best buy" award means anything.

spuds 11:48 14 Mar 08

I don't see the point of reopening this thread, as the original poster doesn't seem to have responded since raising a question/remark on Fri,[email protected]:59 (over 5 months ago).

bnorth 12:22 14 Mar 08

sorry spuds, guess you're right - it just caught my attention

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…