Eclipse computers

waiteylad 09:47 13 Aug 07

Any feedback on this company?

I was going to go for the £500 Ultimate system reviewed this month....

One plus for me is that they are local and I could actually collect it from them...

spuds 10:47 13 Aug 07

There are two Eclipse Computers, one in Coventry, the other in Surrey.

If you are referring to Eclipse Computers of Coventry, then they seem to have a mixed bag of customer service after-sales responses. Some people, including myself (I have only bought low value items) have had no problems, and perhaps regard the company as being okay, while other people have complained bitterly about various things. There are many reviews on the internet about Eclipse Computers of Coventry, which are available via most searches, including this forum.

If they are local to you, then you will have the added advantage of dealing 'face to face' with the company and their representatives, should advice seeking or problems occur.If you are going to buy a complete system, then payment by credit card is suggested for added safeguards and protection. This advice would apply to any purchases, whoever you buy from.

reddwarfcrew 14:03 18 Aug 07

I live half a mile from the shop and if you buy in store they are very good and the shop is always packed out.

Even thou I live so close I did buy on line as there was a web special and it was not a good experience.

I will happily use them, but only in store.

dp21 23:16 06 Sep 07

Purchase a system from Eclipse Computer in July and still waiting for the complete system to arrive. They have sent the base unit but no keyboard and mouse.

They seem to send part so they can take the money from the credit card and make you wait for the rest!

I have given them 7 days to resolve the order or I will be getting in touch with my credit card company to make sure I get a refund.

PCadvisor should give them 1 out of 5 for delivery and service.

Forum Editor 00:08 07 Sep 07

Please don't go through the forum searching for threads on Eclipse computers and posting the same message in each one. I've deleted the posts you made to two other threads - once is enough to make your point.

The Kestrel 11:59 07 Sep 07

I suggest you try this company, they are recommended by several forum members. See this posting click here

Ronnie268 15:32 25 Mar 08

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Customer Service absolutely terrible. Waiting times hugely too long, much longer than published. Unresponsive to phone call or email.

I paid for a computer in Nov 07, arrived 3 weeks later, not 10-14 days. Faulty on arrival - notified them immediately. Collected computer on 3rd Jan, tried to charge for repairs, which I refused. Still waiting for money back 25 Mar 08. They've had my money for more than 4 months and for most of that they've had my computer as well!!

I repeat,
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac