Eclipse Computers

Bracpasuk 10:34 17 Oct 06

Beware using this lot!

Ordered a PC on August 24th, finally received it on October 5th after lots of excuses, poor customer relations etc etc (charged my credit card on September 6th, 3 weeks before despatch!)

PC straight out of the box wouldn't boot. Spoke to their technical team, couldn't sort, and then sent back. (Didnt turn up on the day they said to collect, so had to take 2 days off work).

Fault is a windows one which they have sorted. Now, wait for it, they are trying to charge me for 1. Collection 2. Despacth 3. Engineer time to fix it.

Didn't I pay for it to be built, tested, delivered in A1 working order I asked? We don't warranty software they say. But it has never worked I said, didn't you test it, haven't I already paid you to deliver it working?

Now given up, spoken to the Credit Card company to lodge a claim, and will speak to a Solicitor today.

Any advice/comments please?

spuds 12:04 17 Oct 06

There are two Eclipse Computer companies, Would I be guessing correctly if it was in the Coventry based Eclipse.

If so, this company seems to have a hit or miss rating on customer care. I have used them twice, without any problems whatsoever, but I have known of others who seemingly have had problems, never on a complete computer unit though, just individual items.

Bracpasuk 13:01 17 Oct 06

Yes, its the Coventry one. They seem to be saying that they don't warranty software, which I can understand, but as it didn't work straight out of the box then as I understand it isn't fit for purpose. They claim to test all systems before leaving the premises, so unless the ParcelForce delivery driver messed around with it, then they are telling lies.

I've had problems with getting responses and feedback from them from day one and wish I had never bothered with them.

Bracpasuk 13:37 17 Oct 06

Having spoken to Consumer Advice people (there is an excellent Govt website Consumer Direct which gives free advice) they agree that Eclipse cannot claim that software is not covered under the warranty in this case as the goods, when delivered, were not fit for purpose, ie didn't boot up and therefore didn't work.

Just interested to know whether others would, like me, class Windows not working as the goods not being acceptable, or take Eclipse's view that as the hardware is ok, I don't have an argument?

Forum Editor 17:22 17 Oct 06

A computer that doesn't boot when first delivered is classed as 'dead on arrival', and liability for any necessary repair lies firmly with the supplier. The operating system is installed by the suppliers, and they're responsible if it doesn't work when new.

Accept no excuses, and do not pay anything - you don't have to.

Bracpasuk 17:57 17 Oct 06

Thanks - good to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…