ebuyer take a bow.

LastChip 14:14 06 Mar 05

In the past, ebuyer, whilst offering some of the keenest prices for computer equipment, have taken much criticism for poor after sales service.

I recently bought a camera for my daughter from them, and she was delighted with it. Sadly, it went wrong, and I applied on line for an RMA; (Wednesday). Within an hour, I had received a RMA and packed the camera ready for posting that evening. Thursday, I sent it, Friday they received it and e-mailed me notification. Monday they tested it and confirmed it was faulty, and by Wednesday morning, a new camera was in my possession.

OK. Not as quick as popping into Argos and getting an exchange over the counter, but never the less, I believe an impressive service for an e-retailer.

Further, I had an account query related to this, and followed the procedure specified by ebuyer. This resulted in a credit note in FIVE MINUTES. No, it's not a misprint, and it was human intervention. The charming lady in accounts replied to me in five minutes - no hassle - problem solved.

Credit where credit's due!

Stuartli 14:59 06 Mar 05

Good to hear as e-Buyer has had some stick lately.

ensonricky 19:51 06 Mar 05

I've had minor issues with ebuyer in the past but essentially they are a good retailer with a excellent website and keen prices.

spuds 19:52 06 Mar 05

eBuyer recently moved premises, and that was things started to go adrift. Looks like they have got rid of a few of the hiccups. Personally I have purchased many things from them, and I can only say that I have always had good service from them.

bremner 19:56 06 Mar 05

Ebuyer have thousands of satisfied customers who never make themselves heard.

A very small minority have problems and make a great deal of noise about it. (sometimes with just cause)

Have been buying from them for years and will continue to do so.

Stuartli 15:48 09 Mar 05

By sheer coincidence, I had to get in touch with ebuyer using its E-notes system yesterday afternoon regarding a problem with one of its website's links.

I've had three responses since then about the subject, my question was answered and the website link has been corrected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…