//some 3rd party need geo

EBuyer - slow/no response on returns

Winterjg 13:23 23 Dec 04

Hi,

I ordered a cheap laptop from EBuyer on 16 Dec 2003. The mains socket recently became loose so the unit won't charge up. I reported this to EBuyer as part of a returns request on 27 Nov 2004 (within the 12 month warranty). I chased this up via an ENote on 11 Dec 2004 and plan to do so again shortly, but I've had no response at all to date. I make that 19 business days since the original request went in.

A cynic might say EBuyer has ignored me until after the warranty expiry date, but I'm happy to have that debate with them if necessary.

Meanwhile, has anyone else experienced such delays lately? I thought EBuyer's customer service problems were due to be resolved by the end of November...

Totally-braindead 15:06 23 Dec 04

Never heard that their problems were going to be resolved my friend, the only thing you can do is try another Enote or wait, this is one of the reasons I don't buy anything from them any more.

spuds 17:04 23 Dec 04

I seem to read that you are seeking a returns request from ebuyer.Is this for a repair under warranty or a replacement laptop.

You may find that ebuyer will refer you to the manufacturers service and repair facilty, as this would be the quickest way to deal with the problem. I know that your original contract is with ebuyer, but it may pay in the long term if you perhaps made contact via your warranty card or product user guide, which should give the manufacturers service point of contact.Sending a enote to ebuyer should confirm that you have registered a problem before the end of the warranty, that would be of course, if you gave full details of the fault, that you are claiming for.

cyberphobic 23:51 23 Dec 04

I have returned 2 seperate items to ebuyer in the last 2 months and on both occasions recieved e mail updates at each stage of the returns process and received replacemnt items within 10 days as stated - I was very impressed.

Winterjg 09:40 24 Dec 04

Thanks for the comments, people.

In brief, I'm happy to accept a repair or a replacement, whichever is preferable to EBuyer, but I think they have an obligation to respond on this in the first instance before I talk to the manufacturer.

I suspect I've just slipped through the cracks here. I have also had a reasonable returns service from EBuyer before, although this was for small items of nominal value, not a £500 laptop.

The irony is I'm interested in buyng a camcorder for £650 from EBuyer, but clearly I won't do this unless and until this issue is resolved to my satisfaction.

I'll let you know what happens, but any further thoughts or comments are welcome in the meantime.

Compliments of the Season to you all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…