EBuyer service

beeuuem 12:28 21 Aug 08

Last Thursday my JVC Set Top Box stopped working because of the mains adaptor failure, for the second time. The first time JVC replaced FOC. This time they recommended their spares supplier who quoted £44-95.
On Friday I ordered a cheap STB, a Wharfedale DV832B Freeview Set Top Box, from Ebuyer at £15-78 delivered on the 5 day option. This was received on Tuesday. On Tuesday evening the remote decided it didn't want to work. I sent an enote for an RMA requesting a replacement at 11.30 pm.
This morning - Thursday - I received a complete STB with no charge. And Ebuyer stated that they don't want the 'old' unit returned.
Enotes have received some criticism but they have worked for me.
And having programmed an 'all in one' remote from the new one I now have two working STBs!
Enotes have received some criticism in the past but they have worked for me and the Ebuyer service proved pretty good too!

I am Spartacus 13:37 21 Aug 08

I've had a recent good experience too. Part faulty on receipt, sent RMA enote and less than an hour later had the RMA authorised, collected next day, refunded 3 days later.

beeuuem 14:40 21 Aug 08

Spoke too soon. The second STB doesn't work. But I have got one working box and remote from the pair, which is all I paid for so I'm not complaining.

chub_tor 15:11 21 Aug 08

I ama fan of ebuyere and they are my first choice for parts. enotes have worked for me RMAs given quickly as well as refunds. I always choose the cheapest delivery - free if it is offered - and they have always delivered early. I mostly choose the Google Checkout option.

oresome 15:11 21 Aug 08

If they're that bad on arrival, I wouldn't have any confidence in the remaining working bits lasting long!

dms_05 16:19 21 Aug 08

Over the years I've bought many things from eBuyer. They aren't perfect but they do honour their commitment to the buyer. In one case they refunded on an UPS that was well out of warranty because of a product recall, in another a TV was short on the connections listed in the spec and they refunded immediately. My only on-going problem has been e-notes, long delays in responding (and even then replying by asking me to call on the phone). So it's good to know they have at last sorted out e-notes.

beeuuem 16:23 21 Aug 08

I agree with the sentiment but once they're in situ they should keep on working.
I hope so as, when working, it is as good as I need and I like the graphics.
At most I lose £15-78. It is infinitely better than a box I got from Maplin last week at nearly 3 times the price which had garish graphics and returned the next day as the picture kept pixelating even though I am in a good signal area.

€dstowe 08:05 22 Aug 08

I wrote a few weeks ago praising EBuyer. On Wednesday this week I ordered two hard drives on "free delivery" (5 days). The arrived this morning - which is less than two days. Excellent!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…