EBUYER SENT EMPTY CPU BOX(PROCESSOR MISSING)

ROBERTELLIS1 22:19 24 Apr 05

RECEIVED DELIVERY FROM EBUYER, OPENED BOX PROCESSOR MISSING -EBUYER SAY'S IT WAS THERE WHEN THEY SENT IT.DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. CAN'T BUY ANOTHER ONE (NO MONEY). IT'S BAD THEY CAN DO THIS-IT WAS ONLY AN AMD SEMPRON 2200+ Skt A. IT WAS ALL I COULD MANAGE TO BUY-(5 WEEKS OF SAVEING)...ANY IDEAS ? ANYBODY GOT AN OLD CPU THEY DON'T NEED ANYMORE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW...THANK'S... [email protected]

Totally-braindead 22:36 24 Apr 05

Firstly Robert don't type everything as capitals as its meant to be considered as shouting and some may be offended, secondly don't put in postings with your email address. If someone wants to email you all he/she has to do is click the envelope next to your username. Incidently this should only be used if people ask you too as its open to abuse. Lecture over and back to your problem.
Now I presume from what you've said that you have emailed Ebuyer and they are insisting the processor was in the box, is that the case because the first stage should always be to contact them and inform them of the error. Have you done this?

This is not the first time this has happened,there was a similar posting some time back but I just cannot find it at the moment.

Someone posted that they ordered a CPU and received an empty box and the sender would do nothing about it.

Not the thread I was reffering to but a similar story click here

Totally-braindead 22:55 24 Apr 05

I'm afraid theres been a few, heres one that was on the go a couple of days ago click here it concerns memory rather than a CPU but its the same sort of thing. Robert I wonder if you paid by credit card and if so what they can do? Anyone know if he can just get his credit card company to refund for the missing item presuming thats how they were paid?

LastChip 23:00 24 Apr 05

The first is, I have bought many products from Ebuyer and any problems that I have had, they have resolved in a satisfactory manner.

The second is, they always advise you to either check the goods on arrival (not practical in most cases) or sign for them "not checked".

Did you do this?

TomJerry 23:08 24 Apr 05

until they provide a solution

credit card will not do anything in this case because the cost is too small £38

Pooke100 23:33 24 Apr 05

Just keep pushing them for a replacement, tell them you'll seek legal advice if nothing satisfactory comes of it.

Did you sign for it? who was it sent via?

If the package was damaged/looked tampered with when you recieved it you could contact the courier.

hth

smokingbeagle 23:55 24 Apr 05

I suspect that there is a problem with the courier (please note *suspect*) City Link. I've had several deliveries received with the package opened not damaged. You have to sign as "not checked" even if there is no obvious sign of tampering. However, nothing has been missing yet.

Forum Editor 00:12 25 Apr 05

for online hardware purchases, and have not had a single problem with them. That's my personal experience of course, but all anyone can do is give a personal opinion.

Goods despatched to you by courier are at the sender's risk up to the point of delivery, and if you signed for the goods without adding 'unexamined' or 'not checked' to the courier's delivery sheet you have signed away your right to a replacement processor I'm afraid. If the package appeared to have been tampered with, or was damaged you should have mentioned that fact to the delivery driver at the time.

You can complain to Ebuyer loud and clear, but I very much doubt that you'll get much response. Put yourself in the other person's shoes - what possible evidence do you have to prove that the box was empty, apart from your word? Ebuyer isn't in the business of sending out empty boxes - they would very soon have no business if they did that - and of course the package is handled by a third party, so there's an added layer of possibility when it comes to assessing what might have happened.

I know I'm not sounding very supportive, but there's no point in providing false hope - I doubt that you'll get anywhere with Ebuyer. By all means try your card provider, but I suspect they'll contact Ebuyer, who will tell them that they have your signature on the delivery sheet.

georgemac © 07:14 25 Apr 05

Any package I have ever recieved from Ebuyer has always had tape across all the joints and it would be pretty obvious if it has been tampered with.

Do you think it is possible the box was opened?

If not, you can only pursue Ebuyer, and see if they will supply you with a cpu. I would be surprised for boxed items if they are opened & checked by ebuyer staff.

Was the cpu box sealed by a piece of tape? I don't think any I have bought have been.

If ebuyer won't budge, and is you never marked the delivery slip not checked, the only thing you could try is the small claims court, although for £38 probably not worth going this way.

All you could do is tell ebuyer it definitely was not there, and you will file a claim with the small claims court.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…