Ebuyer RMA Problem

georgemac © 08:23 23 Nov 05

I have dealt with Ebuyer for years and never had a problem.

I bought a D-Link Wireless ADSL router and USB wireless adapter - this product was around 10 months old when the USB adapter failed.

I started the RMA process, and asked if I only had to return the USB adapter, as the router was working fine. I was issued an RMA number, and no other instructions, so I returned the USB adapter, which was received by Ebuyer on 03/10/05.

I went on holiday, and returned to find no progress with the return, so I filed an enote asking what the delay was.

I got a reply stating that I would have to return the router, power supply, phone adapters et all to progress the RMA.

I found this to be completely stupid, as I would lose my inetrnet connection and wireless network, on top of having to pay excessive postage to return working products.

I contacted D-Link who would happily let me RMA the USB adapter only.

I then contacted Ebuyer by enote again, asking them to return me the faulty adapter, so I could RMA it to D-Link.

On the 27th October Ebuyer told me by enote they would return the faulty adapter to me ASAP.

It never came, so I left a further enote asking if it had been dispatched, to get this reply on the 14th of November.

"Dear George ***.

Please accept my apologies that your enote has not been responded to before now.

Please advise if your query has now been resolved.

Kind Regards,

Ebuyer Customer Support Team. "

Now obviously my query has not been resolved, and I have since left 2 further enotes to which I have had no reply, Ebuyer are now ignoring me.

Can anyone advise me how I should proceed with this - can I contact someone in higher authority in Ebuyer without using the enote service?

I had already purchased another wireless adapter to keep the network going, but still think I should be able to get a replacement under warranty for the failed product.

spuds 11:34 23 Nov 05

Hi georgemac--Have you tried Ebuyers we're here to help customer support on 0845 146 1720 [Mon/Fri 9.00-17.00hrs].Perhaps that can offer a better response.

georgemac © 09:47 25 Nov 05

I have just been on the phone to Ebuyer - after waiting in the line, I got redirected to an agent - who never answered the phone!!!

I've been very patient about this, don't know what to do next - am going to try the phone again.

georgemac © 10:11 25 Nov 05

got through this time

They still want me to send the router back! I eventually managed to explain that I wanted the faulty adapter returned to me, so I could return it to D-Link who have no problem replacing the adpater only, and that Ebuyer agreed to do this on 27/10/05.

They then asked if I had a receipt, which I have now found, it was sent back by Royal Mail Recorded delivery, but the RMA status already shows that they had received the package on the 3rd of Oct although the Royal Mail delivered it on the 1st Oct.

Am I being unreasonable here in that I don't want to have to return a working router and lose my wireless network?

spuds 12:34 25 Nov 05

I think you will find that Ebuyer have to return the whole package to D-Link as a warranty claim.Whilst D-Link will replace a simple adapter for a prompt solution, they may not except this method with Ebuyer.

I know a company that sells-on complete packages of faulty items, as spares/repairs and second grades. Wouldn't be feasible to split up a package, due to storage and admin costs, and smaller items getting lost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…