//some 3rd party need geo

Ebuyer returns policy

dlyte 23:51 15 Nov 04

To receive a full refund under THE CONSUMER PROTECTION (DISTANCE SELLING) REGULATIONS 2000 this item must be requested in writing within 7 days of purchase. This item will have to be returned in original condition and fit for restock.(a visual inspection can be made to the item ONLY)

With regards to software if the packaging is open it can not be returned

if your return does not meet the conditions a re-stocking fee could be incurred or the item
returned to you

Please note If your request is outside the 7 day cooling off period and we accept your item for return a 20% restocking fee will be applied to the item (your item must be as new and unused).

Comments please - I have had other firms (Morgan Computers) adopt a better policy ie send it back if you don't want it.

The scanner I bought was slower and less efficient than the one it was supposed to replace. I had to try it out to discover it did not suit my needs.

If your item has no fault, we can not offer a collection or refund your postage

Seems reasonable to me to return it, if the item is in original condition with original packaging and complete with cables/insturcution manual etc and within 7 day period.

You would have to foot the cost of return postage I guess. If there is a suitable replacement model you have in mind, then perhaps ebuyer will be more likely to process your return without quibble?

spuds 10:39 16 Nov 04

Ebuyer or any other consumer selling outlet cannot take away your legal rights within consumer law, unless you have an agreed legal contract, which is sometimes exceptable within a business arrangement.This in itself could 'in certain cases' breach consumer law under the title of Unfair Contract.But having said that:>

It is now illegal to charge a restocking fee.This though could be argued if the item was a special order, and the wholesaler incurred extra charges and they were trying to recover their out of pocket costs.In the case of this particular scanner, this could be debatable as to the 'usage'and condition of the returned item. Ebuyer and anyone else is not going to provide equipment on a trial basis, and expect to pick up the costs of doing so.The general rule of the Consumer Protection [Distance Selling ]Regulations 2000 provides legal cover under consumer law, so that you can inspect then possible reject the item [as received]within the 7 day period. It doe's not allow for the item to be used on a trial basis and then rejected by the consumer because "I don't like it,now that I have tried it".Ebuyer or any other company would then have the problem of trying to offload the scanner onto someone else, either as new or perhaps used.Would you buy a 'used' scanner from ebuyer and pay the full selling price!.

If the item was faulty in any way, then you could claim a refund,replacement or repair under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 [as amended].

dlyte 05:41 17 Nov 04

I thought the point of the 7 day rejection period was because goods bought over the net were bought "blind". So in the case of this scanner just to inspect the packaging around the item would confirm that I had been sent what I had ordered. If I try it out to see if it works properly and the performance is poor: it is slower than the scanner it was meant to replace, and a scanned image by default is less than 100% of the original, then I feel I have the right to reject it. It may be working as it is supposed to but that may not be very well. As fas as I am concerned it is not "fit for the purpose".
I take yout point about the seller not having to send stuff out on approval - but I thought that was what the 7 day period amounted to since they had all the cost savings of selling over the net.
So does the 7 day rule simply act as a cooling off period? So ... click ... bought it ... shit, what did I buy that for? ... better send it back...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…