//some 3rd party need geo

Ebuyer Peculiarity

Wilham 20:15 22 Nov 04

I'm a fairly regular customer but last few days I've met with a most unusual situation. I just wanted two 256MB SD cards, and Ebuyer's price was £13.55 each inc. vat and free shipping.

Each time I tried to order the cards Ebuyer checkout insisted adding £1.99 carriage. I sent an enote to Customer Service who confirmed the web page did say free carriage. Anyway, I sent for the two SD cards which were a good buy even if Ebuyer had got it wrong.

The positive 'free shipping' answer prompted me to follow up and I asked if I'd get £1.99 refund.

Today I've had this reply (copy-paste extract)...

"Thank you for contacting our customer support team.

In response to your enote, I can confirm that because you have ordered 2 of the Ebuyer 256MB
Secure Digital Card Retail and therefore you will be charged shipping carrige.

If you had only ordered 1 of the items Ebuyer 256MB Secure Digital Card you would not pay for the
shipping carriage as there is a free shipping bean,however because you have ordered 2 on one order
you will have to pay the extra carriage for this.
Therefore the free shipping bean will have only been used for 1 of the items you have ordered.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you."

So next time I see free shipping on an Ebuyer offer and I want more than one, I must order individually.

It's not a sum I'd fuss about, but isn't it odd?

TomJerry 20:26 22 Nov 04

it is free no matter how many you buy, I just tried

Wilham 21:57 22 Nov 04

TomJerry,
Thanks, just checked that option.
Makes more sense than my above reply from Ebuyer.

jakimo 23:51 22 Nov 04

I always use the free super saver option,and the orders are very often delivered in 48 hrs.

Wilham 09:23 23 Nov 04

jakimo. Useful, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…