ebuyer order

roger45 23:28 29 Jul 06

I have ordered a DVD writer from Ebuyer and in the confirmation e-mail there was this paragraph;

Upon receipt of your order you will be asked to sign for the goods received in good condition. If you are unable to check the contents of the package at that moment in time please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED". Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter

This is my first order from them and i am slightly concerned about the "failure to do so may affect
any warranty claims" bit.In order to check the contents of the package to see if everything worked
o.k. i would need to install the device in my p.c. and then test it-a long wait for the postman!
Should i just "play safe" and sign as "unchecked".
Probably nothing to worry about but would welcome any advice on this.Thanks.
Roger.

Stuartli 23:36 29 Jul 06

I always sign with the wording "Contents Unchecked" for deliveries - most delivery drivers, not unexpectedly, just don't have the time to wait.

You have nothing to worry about (I have exactly the same message on a current eBuyer e-mail) - it's to safeguard both you and eBuyer in the event of any problems that may arise.

roger45 23:51 29 Jul 06

As i thought,nothing to worry about.Thanks.

josie mayhem 00:26 30 Jul 06

By signing 'Unchecked' you are safe guarding yourself, if you have order a couple of items how do you know that they are all present with out opening the box? and then if you need to to see if it's working before excepting it... any problems there is little agrument concerning contents.

At work I always sign that the delivery is 'unchecked' and I have at least 8 perment deliveries a week...

It is nice to know that a company is telling it's customers because at the end of the day this reminder/information could if things go wrong be costly for the company! If you signed for the parcel and something missing then you have to prove that it was missing on delivery, company wins you loss... but if you've signed unnchecked then the company losses!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…